What's new

is 1805 supposed to look like this?

I'm gonna file that "it's settling" excuse away for the next time someone questions me about the scoop of guacamole that's missing from the container.

Jeez, honey, I dunno...must be "settling".

;)

I was puzzled by the exact same that happened to a cream I ordered from WCS. I discovered by whacking it the countertop, I could create the exact same vacuity. WCS are great guys, and they solved a little problem very generously; would make no sense for such an upstanding company to do anything silly. On-line retailers live and die by their reputations on sites such as B&B.

I was puzzled by the exact same that happened to a cream I ordered from WCS. I discovered by whacking it the countertop, I could create the exact same vacuity. WCS are great guys, and they solved a little problem very generously; would make no sense for such an upstanding company to do anything silly. On-line retailers live and die by their reputations on sites such as B&B.

Agree. I was just there today. Everyone in there is top notch! I would also bet on settlement versus a sample swipe.

wcs is my main go to. definitely one of the greats. i ordered sunday night, and those soaps and creams got here today, wednesday afternoon. thats pretty awesome. they shipped it free, 3 day priority. ive never had a problem with them, and doubt i will in the future. that void in the cream also puzzled me, glad it was just the settling as you guys and wcs had said it was.

John is a straight shooter. He would not sell something that was missing contents. I'm inclined to believe it is settling over any swipage...

I will agree that its just the way it settled. Although it may have had some help. This comes to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same thing happens with TOBS. I was at old town shaving shop and the jars they have out that are brand new look that way as well. Perfectly normal.

It's the nature of the beast! That's why we use an inner lid so you can scrape it back into the container if it was shipped on it's side. All it takes is to have the box dropped once for this to happen and if you think a box will always be kept top up when it's shipped then you're sadly mistaken. Just scrape the lid back into the container and bang the base of the container on a hard surface and everything should settle back where it belongs. These brands have a lot of headroom in their packaging either for their products but I don't. My six ounce container is filled within approx. 3/8's of an inch from the top. When I fill them I have to bang them against one of my steel table to get the contents to settle into the bottom of the container so I can smooth over the top with a special little knife to give it a better and flatter appearance as it sets up. Water content in the product is a big part of this as well and I prefer to keep my water content at a certain percentage to give the cream a better consistency for shipping as well as shaving. I prefer to give the customer "more soap" rather than "more water" in my creams as you can always add more water with your brush but you can't take it away. A soapmaker can control the consistency of his or her product if they use a formula based on 100% and add back any water that evaporates during processing but by the posts that I see here I don't think they do as the customer shouldn't find that some of the products are like "soup" and others are "stiff as a board"! Testing is important and fragrances can also affect the consistency of a shaving cream as can shipping a product too early after it is made.

As you can see, there are many factors involved in making a shaving cream and shipping it as well so that the customer gets a good product that arrives in good shape!

FYI...weighing the jar against others would have done nothing. Some of my new and sealed jars of soaps/creams can be up to 30g +/- from the next one of the same brand, same scent, same lot.

If WCS says it's new, it's new. Now if there was a hair in it, I'd have said it came from the BST. :lol:

I've received several that looked like this. ..first time I was suspicious but is like everyone is saying just movement void

FYI...weighing the jar against others would have done nothing. Some of my new and sealed jars of soaps/creams can be up to 30g +/- from the next one of the same brand, same scent, same lot.

If WCS says it's new, it's new. Now if there was a hair in it, I'd have said it came from the BST. :lol:
Lol

Top Bottom