What's new

Spring Ahead-Fall Behind

Don't forget to turn your clocks back one hour at 2:00 am-Sunday, November 2nd, 2014.

$daylight-savings-time-start-and-end-dates-in-3.jpg

Mind if I wait until a bit later in the day? But thanks for the reminder. My morning runs are about to get a whole bunch darker.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Don't forget to turn your clocks back one hour at 2:00 am-Sunday, November 2nd, 2014.

View attachment 513004
Tony:
proxy.php
...and with the end of daylight saving time, don't forget to put new batteries in your smoke detectors. :thumbsup:

For most of us, we’re pretty sure daylight saving time was a prank pulled by a group of farmers in 1918 to punish city dwellers for gloating about their indoor toilets. The sinister effects of that prank will be felt again Sunday morning, when we will all shock our brains, bodies and souls by hauling ourselves out of bed an hour later. :001_rolle

Every November it's the same: a Twilight Zone-type situation where the clocks say it's 6 a.m. but we know — oh we know in our very bones — it’s still the middle of the night.
proxy.php

But we are wrong...it's daylight and we need not go to work (or get the kids ready for school), 'under the cover of darkness'.

Fear not; there's hope. By carefully following these 5 steps, you might actually get over the change of time.

Read More: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/10/28/5-ways-to-deal-with-end-daylight-saving-time/

proxy.php
"We pay back the loan of an extra yawn in spring with the 'golden interest' of a lengthier snooze in the autumn". Sir Winston Churchill

My FAV Saturday of the year, Tony!!

I spent most of my pre-adult life in the state of Indiana, which, back then, refused to submit to DLS time.......:laugh:

Saturday night I'll be feeling like I am gambling with house money and winning Big!! :thumbup: (Simple pleasures are wonderful, imo)

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
When I was young, every year I would con my girlfriend into doing something, ahem, extra special for two minutes beginning at 1:59AM.

Mind if I wait until a bit later in the day? But thanks for the reminder. My morning runs are about to get a whole bunch darker.

Actually not, if you run everyday at 6am, the sun will be as if it was the previous day 7am.

Afternoons get dark sooner.

My FAV Saturday of the year, Tony!!

I spent most of my pre-adult life in the state of Indiana, which, back then, refused to submit to DLS time.......:laugh:

Saturday night I'll be feeling like I am gambling with house money and winning Big!! :thumbup: (Simple pleasures are wonderful, imo)
I used to travel to Indiana on business, and I always had to ask when setting up appointments "what time is there now?" because, IIRC, some parts of IN were on Central time (with DST), some were on Eastern time (with DST) and some were on Eastern time (without DST). I remember driving like crazy to catch a plane at Indianapolis, only to find that I had an hour to spare.

I also remember reading somewhere that the reason that some parts of the state did not go to DST in the spring/summer was because those were rural/agricultural areas, and they didn't want to confuse the cows...:001_huh: (cows wear watches? who knew?)

Top Bottom