What's new

shavette pass around.

I have two shavette for a pass around.
The first is a Weck Sextoblade. This is more like a straight and uses hair shaper blades. Since this is more like a straight you can check it out over in the straight section here
$images (2).jpg

The other uses DE blades that you cut in half (some people will snap the blade in half while it is in the wrapper and others will use scissors). These feel like a very aggressive DE but use the technique of a straight.
$$_3.JPG
Here are the rules:
This is for CONUS (sorry)
You must have at least 50 post
You are responsible to contact the next person for their address.
Must share tracking number with me via PM
I will include a few blades but you are responsible for cutting and disposing of any blades you use. Please don't send along used or cut blades,
You are responsible to sanitize the razor when you receive it and before you sent it out.
The razor will be returned to me at the end.
Please post your experience in this thread.

I'm going to limit this to the first 5 people who respond. So jump in fast.

I'm surprised that there isn't more love for this.

Forrest, I'll give it a couple days and then send it out your way.

same here, i figured more than one of us would love to try a shavette. i almost bought one a while back, but chickened out. cant wait to give this one a go. hopefully its a decent experience and maybe then i will actually try a real straight.

I'd like to be counted in on this. I have been considering buying one and this will be the deciding factor. Thank you for the opportunity.

These are a lot less forgiving than a real straight. The shave can be incredibly close when you get the technique down. But it can bite if you apply pressure. Think of it as a Fatip on steroids!
The Weck is much more like a straight. Check it out in the straight section.

So we have:
1. Forestgump
2. Jmurphy
3. Shimsham
4. Eastomjac
5. Eaaqas (?)

If Eaaqas is in then we have our 5.

Last edited:
I would love to give it shot if you do it again after you get it back. Been wanting to try a straight.
TheDude82 you'll be 5 1/2 so your in.

Here is the final list:
1. Forestgump
2. Jmurphy
3. Shimsham
4. Eastomjac
5. Eaaqas
5.5 TheDude82

If I was you guys I would watch some videos to get an idea of what you are up for.

I actually have one more slot open on the Weck pass around in the straight section.

I agree the Weck is a great shaver that I use a lot for travel.

well thanks to imatabor for doing this pass around i got to shave for the first time with a shavette. also a big thanks to him for throwing in the feathers and dorcos. so today, i decided i would just go for it, and went right for the feathers. snapped one in half, opened up the shavette, spread the two parts apart and loaded the blade. i did my usual prep, and then looked at myself there in the mirror and said, "ok, here we go". right off the bat i noticed this is a whole new experience, and just such a different feel in the hand. i re positioned it in my hand a few times, then tried to hold it as flat as i could to my face. i needed to adjust the angle a couple times before i kinda got the feel for it. went ahead with the with the grain passes, and hey, this is smooth, nice, easy. really started getting into it. then did my across the grain passes, went nice and slow, didnt really notice any feeling of the blade biting, felt pretty smooth. thought to myself, well this is not so bad. now im to the against the grain passes. bam! right on my jawline on my right cheek got a big nick. ok, i thought, i need to slow down a little bit, take some deep breaths and see if i cant correct the angle. i went nice and slow, tightened up the skin with my left hand and proceeded with caution in shaving the rest of the against the grain passes. it was quite tricky to get my neck and upper lip bbs, it will definitely take some practice. shaving with one of these is just like starting over, just nothing at all even close to a de. i did get quite a bit of irritation on my neck, and upper lip, but most of that was because i needed to go back over and do subsequent passes to get it smooth. being the first shave with the shavette today, i will definitely need to get the feel for it in my hand, and am certain with improving my technique that the shaves will become better and better. im quite excited to use it again tomorrow, and am betting that, that shave will be a better one as i atleast know a bit what im doing now. i can see it taking me atleast a good 4 or 5 shaves to start to build a memory up of what angle, and position is needed to shave the different areas of my face, and i would say maybe another good week to really get the hang of it and be able to leave the bathroom with some dfs's. all in all, it wasnt a bad experience, only one nice nick, and also got some irritation as well. well, round 2 tomorrow gents.

Top Bottom