What's new

First DE shave. I could get used to this.

Just had my first DE shave and it went way better than I expected! I did 3 passes and some cleanup. The first pass was WTG and it took me a bit to get the blade angle right. I was trying to use my eyes instead of my ears. Once I figured out that the proper angle has a very distinct sound of the whiskers cutting it was a lot easier. I did the second pass WTG also as the first one was pretty spotty and not real close. The third one I did XTG and managed to get one small nick on my chin. I finished it off with an alum block (which burned a bit on my neck) and some nivea balm. All in all it went really well with very little irritation and a pretty close shave (about as good as my best cartridge shave but without the inflamed neck and much better then my electric). The bonus was the Razorock Green Tabacco soap smelled awesome.

I owe a big thanks to this site as it was invaluable in picking out the right gear and giving me the knowledge to have a pleasant first shave. I thought I would include a pick of my kit as so far I am really happy with it.

$2014-10-29.jpg

Welcome to the group. Great job with your first shave. That's a nice looking set up you got there. Be sure to stop by the Hall of Fame to introduce yourself. If you have any questions, let any of us know. We're all here to help.

Hello and welcome here. B&B is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You'll learn a lot here.

Congrats on such a successful first shave. Not everyone does so well on the first time out.

Congratulations on your nice shave! I have recently rediscovered DE shaving as well and my technique has been improving with time.

Welcome on this board! Believe me it will get only better and better. There is just something I noticed about the photo you have posted, I see the blade is still in the razor. It's better to remove it after you're done shaving. Good luck!

Just had my first DE shave and it went way better than I expected! I did 3 passes and some cleanup. The first pass was WTG and it took me a bit to get the blade angle right. I was trying to use my eyes instead of my ears. Once I figured out that the proper angle has a very distinct sound of the whiskers cutting it was a lot easier. I did the second pass WTG also as the first one was pretty spotty and not real close. The third one I did XTG and managed to get one small nick on my chin. I finished it off with an alum block (which burned a bit on my neck) and some nivea balm. All in all it went really well with very little irritation and a pretty close shave (about as good as my best cartridge shave but without the inflamed neck and much better then my electric). The bonus was the Razorock Green Tabacco soap smelled awesome.

I owe a big thanks to this site as it was invaluable in picking out the right gear and giving me the knowledge to have a pleasant first shave. I thought I would include a pick of my kit as so far I am really happy with it.

View attachment 512941
Congrats and welcome aboard.

Top Bottom