What's new

Sandalwood Shaving Soap

My favourite sandalwood smelling soap is the Edwin jagger sandalwood.
Fantastic stuff!

Their sandalwood aftershave balm is fantastic too!!

I'm with you. I don't have much sandalwood anything in the den but what little I have tried (Art of Shaving cream) is pretty anemic. I bought some of the soap but haven't broken the seal on that yet. Hopefully is has a stronger scent.

Are the scents heavier in the soaps or creams

In general, creams are considered to be more heavily scented than creams. However there are some heavily scented soaps.

Regarding the OP's question. Petal Pusher's Fancies has a healthy, sandalwood scent and is a terrific performer with a great post-shave feel. A newcomer to the sandalwood world is Wet Shaving Products - Rustic Shaving Soap - Sandalwood, a french style or MdC clone, with a strong scent of plain sandalwood - another terrific performer.

Although it's a cream, I love Cyril R. Salter's Indian Sandalwood, a great performer with a rich sandalwood scent.

For a simple, light sandalwood scent, Proraso's red soap tub and red shave cream in the tube are also great performers.

The WSP Sandalwood was my first foray into sandalwood scents, and I think it smells great. I'm now looking to add an aftershave to the repertoire as well to have something to pair with it.

Proraso Red is definitely one of the more robust sandalwood scents; either the soap in the tub or the cream in the tube. It is definitely a more earthy, "real" sandalwood scent and one of my favorites.

I think the best sandalwood scent, IMHO, is Cold River Select Sandalwood. It might not be the strongest sandalwood scent, but I think it is definitely the most appealing. To repeat another gentleman's recommendation: Petal Pusher Fancies' Sandalwood is another one that is really nice.

Again, I'm not sure there are too many that are as strongly scented as Proraso Red (with the exception of maybe TOBS, but I really didn't care for their sandalwood) but there are certainly a few that deserve a look as well.

I personally like the AOS sandalwood, although I don't know how "accurate it is." It does seem darker and heavier than some others in my opinion.

Stirling is my first experience with Sandalwood, and I really like the two I've tried from this vendor. I picked both up in a soap lot on the B/S/T. I have the normal Sandalwood, and the Vanilla Sandalwood, and I thought both smelled awesome. The normal one is much stronger of the two.

A little late to this thread, but for strength of scent Piccadilly Sandalwood cream is VERY robust. I use it as part of my rotation, but I'm still not convinced yet whether I actually love it. I have some Stirling sandalwood on the way to compare it to my TOBS soap as well. I'd say if you're willing give the Picadilly a try.

Top Bottom