What's new

I had a conversation today

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
about fountain pens.

I had to "jump on the register" and the guy I rang out mentioned he bought a Pilot Metropolitan. My ears perked up and I tuned in. He pulled it out of his pocket to show me.
We discussed how great a pen it is and I told him I used to have one. He mentioned he was interested in other fountain pens. I told him about my Franklin-Christoph and Goulet pens.
Also told him about all the ink samples he can buy and stationary. And how he can easily fill them with a syringe. He was very interested and sounded like he was just getting in to the fountain pen hobby.

It was a pleasant conversation and I felt like I had something to contribute. Afterwards I felt pretty darn good, like how you feel after you talk to an old buddy.

Had not been for this place my only input would have been "cool pen bro".

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Now that is a great story.

You should've told him...you do calligraphy too?

Good job on your part, although I think he missed an opportunity to explain the art of not letting a metropolitan dry out with ink in it. :tongue_sm:a30:

at least once a day someone asks me about my "calligraphy" pen, I would be enthralled if someone got into a great discussion with me about my pen like that

that being said, in enthralled anytime anyone talks to me about anything anyway

awesome, a real world enable! That should be worth extra points or something!! It's always nice to have a conversation about the things that we love with someone other than SWMBO or one of us on here. Very cool!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Now that is a great story.

You should've told him...you do calligraphy too?
He mentioned that he was going to do that.
And dip pens too!

Well played sir. You should have directed him to B&B and the nib
I told him my FC was a limited edition for a website called badger and blade.
He didn't seem to know the place.

Good job on your part, although I think he missed an opportunity to explain the art of not letting a metropolitan dry out with ink in it. :tongue_sm:a30:

Will that be my nib legacy?

about fountain pens.

I had to "jump on the register" and the guy I rang out mentioned he bought a Pilot Metropolitan. My ears perked up and I tuned in. He pulled it out of his pocket to show me.
We discussed how great a pen it is and I told him I used to have one. He mentioned he was interested in other fountain pens. I told him about my Franklin-Christoph and Goulet pens.
Also told him about all the ink samples he can buy and stationary. And how he can easily fill them with a syringe. He was very interested and sounded like he was just getting in to the fountain pen hobby.

It was a pleasant conversation and I felt like I had something to contribute. Afterwards I felt pretty darn good, like how you feel after you talk to an old buddy.

Had not been for this place my only input would have been "cool pen bro".

Very cool. There is only one issue I have with this "fountain pen thing of ours". The fact that it causes FPAD, and FPAD causes a lot of money to be spent, and spending a lot of money depletes your bank account, and when your bank account is depleted you dip into your 401k, and when you dip into your 401k it eventually becomes depleted, and then you cannot afford to pay your mortgage or basic bills, and then you go into forclosure, and then you are homeless. Yes, that's the only issue I have.

Very cool. There is only one issue I have with this "fountain pen thing of ours". The fact that it causes FPAD, and FPAD causes a lot of money to be spent, and spending a lot of money depletes your bank account, and when your bank account is depleted you dip into your 401k, and when you dip into your 401k it eventually becomes depleted, and then you cannot afford to pay your mortgage or basic bills, and then you go into forclosure, and then you are homeless. Yes, that's the only issue I have.
Well, I'm not homeless..............

Yet.:laugh:

I'm anticipating running out of money about two hours before I croak. No heirs to speak of, so I see no point in not spending it on something I enjoy!

Top Bottom