What's new

Creamy / Milky Aftershaves

Since last December I've been enjoying the pictured Poraso aftershave because of the creamy/milky feeling that it provides. Even after rough shave this aftershave has gone a long way to reduce the razor burn. I am currently nearing the end of this bottle and I would like to try something different. To keep in line with this type of aftershave what would you gents recommend for my next purchase? $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414464184.755572.jpg

When my bottle of Proraso white ran out I grabbed a $5 bottle of Nivea Sensitive skin post shave from Walmart just to get me by until I figured out what I was going to get next. Darned if it wasn't just as good as the Proraso. I'm on my second bottle of Nivea, haven't bought anything else.

In the cold/dry season I only use milks (= balms): DR Harris and Castle Forbes. Pricey, but a little goes a long way!

Weleda do an excellent post shave lotion, virtually identical consistency to my Proraso Blue.

Great scent and great performance to the Weleda balm... I would also recommend Proraso blue!

Weleda do an excellent post shave lotion, virtually identical consistency to my Proraso Blue.

Great scent and great performance to the Weleda balm .. I would also recommend Proraso blue!
Could you please elaborate with an URL for the Weleda post shave lotion? I'm having great difficulty in finding it in Sweden!

You might also like the newly released green Proraso aftershave balm. Italian Barber might be your only source in the US, at least that's the first company to offer it.

Nivea Sensitive is quite good but the scent is unremarkable. Harris Windsor milk is my favorite if you feel like spending that much.

DR Harris milk is of a similar consistency of Proraso and is nice stuff.
Art of Shaving balm is soothing and thick like lotion so a little bit goes a long way.
Both have great scents available but neither is as cheap as Proraso.

When my bottle of Proraso white ran out I grabbed a $5 bottle of Nivea Sensitive skin post shave from Walmart just to get me by until I figured out what I was going to get next. Darned if it wasn't just as good as the Proraso. I'm on my second bottle of Nivea, haven't bought anything else.

I agree with this. I have been using the Proraso white as well and it works very good, however, sometimes I think it's a little too thick and can leave me feeling a little greasy. I pulled out my Nivea Sensitive and it works just as good for irritation but it is a little thinner so I don't feel all greased up.

With that in mind, the Nivea might not be as creamy as what you are looking for.

Top Bottom