What's new

Maker's mark cask strength bourbon

Nice, big fan of the original Makers Mark. Nice bang for your buck Bourbon.

$makers-mark-caskstrength.jpg

What was typically reserved for a taste here and there on a distillery tour is now available in bottles for the first time. Maker's Mark Cask Strength is Maker's Mark, but uncut, unfiltered, and straight from the barrel. It weighs in at a proof between 108-114, quite an uptick from the 90 proof standard bottling. It's Maker's Mark cranked up to eleven, with loads of flavor and character.($40)

http://uncrate.com/stuff/makers-mark-cask-strength-bourbon/

Last edited:

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Yummy!!!!!
I find that the higher the proof, the smoother the taste!

My absolute favorite Maker's Mark was the gold-wax 100 proof bottling they used to sell in KY (KY only?) in the late 80s and early 90s. That was some really good bourbon.

I may try a bottle of this new stuff to see if it compares to my memory of the old gold wax bottling.

Looks interesting. I doubt we'll ever see it out here in Oz and if we do it will be $100+.

On the one hands its nice to see the high proof products coming back to market, and on the other its interesting to see MM release this after the claiming they didn't have the capacity to satisfy demand at a lower strength.

was never a fan of makers mark.its a crap quality bourbon thats sold with a gimmick

I wouldn't call MM crap. Its arguably the best of the big names but I'll agree that wax seal is gimmicky. If you want to know what crap bourbon really is, come out to Oz and I'll introduce you to some truly horrible products labeled as bourbon. At least three you would not be able to sell in the US as such. You'll be glad to see MM on the shelf after those :)

Top Bottom