Where do you live?
Earth
What is your age (or) generation?
Y
What are you in the real world?
A real person
What is your favorite shave setup?
As of now a fusion pro glide, mulling over going DE
What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
I really like breathing, drinking, and eating, in that order too. But never at the same time.
What else should the members of B&B know about you?
I really want to ask about the concept of a razor that no one can buy right now, but I'm new so I'm not sure how that's going to fly.

Good Morning!

Is this also where I start with my DE story, or is that somewhere else?

Basically I have been using a badger brush and soap for a year now, and despite having 19 new proglide carts (a two year supply for me) I picked up a Micro Touch One for a dollar at a garage sale. I was told it was new, but there was an empty wrapper in the blade holder so I sanatized the MTO and am not sure if I can trust the remaining blades.

But that's not the big deal.

I'm thinking of jumping right into DE with the ASD2, buy once cry once right? And it'll be good as I understand I'll have to shave a bit more often than I do now (I skip a few days here and there, I really shouldn't do that).

I also am new to a site that I can't mention, and I understand why, as it's annoying when people spam products in a forum built to bring together enthusiasts (I am on a few other forums and have seen the spam bots and shills). That being said, if there is a product that can't be bought now, can I ask questions about its design? It's adjustable, and that seems like a good idea because I don't know my beard type (I do get the occasional super hair that's thicker than .7mm pencil lead, but can get a decent shave with one pass with the grain). But at the same time it has a bulky head and I have hair that grows right under my nose and is a pain to shave with the proglide, and it seems like if such a system was a good idea, one of the big boys with their deep R&D pockets would have come up with it (then againATT has an adjustable system).

In summary:

1) is it safe to use wrapped blades from an open package?
2) is the ASD2 a good DE for a beginner?
3) if not the ASD2, would it be worth it to wait for the possibility of an adjustable razor of unproven providence to come to market?

I've got more Q's, but those are more generic so I'll see if I can't avoid asking stupid questions by searching.

-Buddy

Hello and welcome to B&B, Buddy. This is a super forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You will learn a lot here.

Answers:
1. Heck yes
2. I don't know. All I use are vintage - Gillette, Gem, Schick. You didn't ask, but I'd get a Gillette Tech to start. If you are set on an adjustable, get a vintage Gillette Slim
3. Not sure what this means.

Welcome to the group.

I wouldn't trust unwrapped blades. If you feel hesitant about any blade, don't use it. Trash it.

Top Bottom