What's new

Mokume Gane & Buffalo horn shaving brush.

Hi fellas.

I don't post here much as I hang out mostly on that other forum. But I thought I'd post one of my latest Brushes I made for a member over there. It's Lapis colored M3 Mokume Gane on the top and the bottom section is white streaked buffalo horn. The Badger knot is a 22mm super badger from TGN set to a loft of 47mm to give some scritchy backbone.
I sanded the whole thing right up through Micromesh, and then polished with some Chromium Oxide on a paper towel and then finally plastic polish (headlight scratch remover.) My pics are kinda crappy but here they are.

Thanks for looking Gents!

$IMG_20141020_224156_edit.jpg$IMG_20141026_134946.jpg$IMG_20141026_134951.jpg$IMG_20141026_145410.jpg$IMG_20141026_150230.jpg

Thanks guys. This one was a lot of fun to do and a change from the exotic woods I normally do. I also like that I didn't have to put a finish on it. :)

Awesome work! The contrast of the sort of "super modern" look of the mokume gane with the natural horn is great. I know mokume gane isn't new per se - but it's certainly more modern than wood and horn! And it seems to be quite popular right now. I've wondered why there aren't more mokume gane handles out there. Is it super expensive material?

Awesome work! The contrast of the sort of "super modern" look of the mokume gane with the natural horn is great. I know mokume gane isn't new per se - but it's certainly more modern than wood and horn! And it seems to be quite popular right now. I've wondered why there aren't more mokume gane handles out there. Is it super expensive material?

Thanks for the compliments guys.

To answer your question mattdenicola, Yes, very!

That piece alone for this brush was $50.

Top Bottom