What's new

We'll, I've fallen down the rabbit hole

Hello Gents,
I've been been lurking around the nib for a while, but honestly never thought I'd actually ever use a fountain pen. Then one day I purchased a Pilot Metropolitan from Staples just to see what the fuss was about. It was a pleasant writing tool, but nothing to get excited about. A few weeks later, while at Michael's craft store with my daughter, I picked up a Sheaffer calligraphy pen for $5...just for kicks. Wow, now my eyes were opened! I loved the line variation! It really made my boring writing (mostly printing, I'm an engineer after all) look interesting.
Fast forward to today. A short 2 months later and I've got 3 TWSBI's (F, 1.1mm, Pendleton BLS), 2 Pilot Metros (M, Plumix stub), Nemosine Singularity stub, Esterbrook J Broad Stub, Pilot Prera Calligraphy and a vintage Pelikan 400nn en route. I've got a dozen ink samples from Goulet and will be placing an order for a few bottles of ink this week (Noodlers Black, Liberty's Elysium, De Atrementis Sepia Brown). I've also got my eye on a few more pens.

So I just thought I'd drop by to introduce myself.

Hi, my name is Ron, and I've got a fountain pen problem.....

What about me? In less than two months a Mont Blanc 149, 2 Parker 51's, a Pelikan M800 (enroute), a TWSBI Mini, a Rosetta Napoleon, and a Jinhao 159.

$giphy.gif

Well the only problem I see is if you don't order some paper when you place the order for bottled ink!

I've also got my eye on a few more pens.

So I just thought I'd drop by to introduce myself.

Hi, my name is Ron, and I've got a fountain pen problem.....

So you think you have a case of FPAD (Fountain Pen Acquisition Disorder)? Don't feel bad, you're in good company here on Badger & Blade. I have had RAD since May this year, but I'm starting to get over it. I've found shaving to be an acquired skill you can take pleasure in doing well.

Same goes for writing. It's become a lost art due to phones, email and now texting. Don't feel bad about embracing tried and true methods of communication proven by thousands of years of human history. Cell phone towers and the electrical power grid can fail, but the pony express and couriers will remain. Nothing beats the written word in my opinion.

Keep the faith!!!
:thumbup:

Yup, gotta love the fountain pen! Just place an order for a Lamy 2000 Medium. Going to have to sell some shaving gear to cover the cost of my new addiction!

Top Bottom