What's new

Sizing help with Aldens

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I have a pair of Alden wingtips that are 11EE. I believe they are the barrie last. I have been toying with the idea of picking up some indy boots, but don't know how the sizing would compare. Anyone have a suggestion?

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Thanks Bob. I know about the chart, but it just doesn't correlate with how one should change sizes between the lasts.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
The Indy boots, for the most part, are on the Trubalance last. You may have to contact your favorite Alden vendor to find wide sizes. The Shoe Mart appears to carry wider sizes.

From the Winn Perry website:

Fit tip: The Trubalance last fits one half size large. Take your measured US foot size and go down one half size. For fit questions, please contact us: [email protected].

Last edited:
I have a pair of Indys and I bought them 1/2 size smaller than usual. They fit great and as far as width they seem about normal..

The length of the True Balance last is the same as the Barrie, it's just a slightly wider platform. How snug (width wise) are your 11EE wingtips? If you've got a little room, you would probably be best suited with an 11E on the True Balance.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
The length of the True Balance last is the same as the Barrie, it's just a slightly wider platform. How snug (width wise) are your 11EE wingtips? If you've got a little room, you would probably be best suited with an 11E on the True Balance.

That sounds pretty good. I have a 11.5 E in the chukka boot that is a tad long. I think the 11E would seem to be nice. Now to possibly order a Color 8 Indy.

Top Bottom