What's new

It was just too much to handle, I couldn't resist any longer (Shavemac)

There is no Shavemac 2014 LE that I know of, I believe the LE that is referred to is the one sold by Rudy Vey in the Vendors forum which utilizes the Shavemac 2-band silvertip in a gorgeous blue handle.

There is no Shavemac 2014 LE that I know of, I believe the LE that is referred to is the one sold by Rudy Vey in the Vendors forum which utilizes the Shavemac 2-band silvertip in a gorgeous blue handle.
Absolutely correct! My reference to Bernd was regarding the knot - Rudy Vey makes the handle in two shapes ( beehive/chubby) in this new (to Rudy) blue resin:

attachment.php

Sorry for the confusion! :thumbup1:

Absolutely correct! My reference to Bernd was regarding the knot - Rudy Vey makes the handle in two shapes ( beehive/chubby) in this new (to Rudy) blue resin:

attachment.php

Sorry for the confusion! :thumbup1:

I'm feeling silly now, but I still can't find it. Googled Rudy Vey, LE, shavemac and other options and can only find older limited edition brushes by him. Can't seem to find a new shavemac silvertip 2-band. Can someone give me a link.

I'm feeling silly now, but I still can't find it. Googled Rudy Vey, LE, shavemac and other options and can only find older limited edition brushes by him. Can't seem to find a new shavemac silvertip 2-band. Can someone give me a link.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...rushes-and-Restorations?p=6699149#post6699149

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...rushes-and-Restorations?p=6718825#post6718825

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...rushes-and-Restorations?p=6735606#post6735606

That's a beautiful brush. It is fueling my shavemac obsession. My first really high end brush was a D01 3-band which ended up getting exchanged for a D01 2-band (long story) and I'm currently awaiting delivery of another D01 3-band. Now I know I'll have to have the new 2-band (not D01) also.

Last edited:
Here's a quick update. My brush arrived today and to my surprise, the knot was correctly shaped as a fan and not the bulb that Bernd had shown me. Here it is prior to first lather:

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415226078.296390.jpg

And here it is after a quick lather, rinse, and shake:

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415226099.212633.jpg

Here's a couple family shots:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415226363.782842.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415226383.835116.jpg

The other 2 brushes are D01 knots. The 3-Band is a custom Shavemac and the 2-Band is a Rudy Vey.

The new 2-Band silvertip is very, very soft. I have a M&F with gel tips that may be softer, but it's close. It still has a fair backbone but is not near as dense as the D01 knots and doesn't have that kind of backbone. Actually, if I were to order again, I would drop the loft slightly maybe 2mm. This knot has a fair amount of splay and the lower loft would control that a bit better.

The flow-through and the lather release is very good. I think this is going to be a very luxurious brush to use. I can't wait to really get going with it.

Not really scrubby. It's soft and pillowy. It's really like my gel tip M&F or the TGN HMW custom I have, but with a bit more backbone. My D01 knots are scrubby, this one is more luxuriously soft.

Top Bottom