What's new

It was just too much to handle, I couldn't resist any longer (Shavemac)

I own 3 Shavemac brushes, 1 D01 2-Band Rudy Vey custom and 2 D01 3-Band Shavemac customs. I love them all, but was wanting to try something with a tad less backbone from Shavemac, but was worried that the 3-Band Silvertip would be too floppy for me.

So about a month ago I was really intrigued about the Silvertip 2-Band they released, but decided to wait for some reviews and see what the consensus was about that knot. Today I log on to my twitter account and see that Shavemac is not offering a butterscotch in there "Experts Select" section and it was too much for me to handle. I just placed my order for a 25/52 2-Band Silvertip in Butterscotch, 386 handle style. I'm beyond stoked!

I'll do up a nice review when the brush comes in...now the waiting begins.

... I just placed my order for a 25/52 2-Band Silvertip in Butterscotch, 386 handle style. I'm beyond stoked!

Interesting knot size.

Bernd delivers a 24/46-48mm knot with his LE Holiday 2014 brush. I am waiting for a Beehive handled one of these. I thought your size (1:2+) would have been more natural but Bernd went with a lower loft.

The conclusion must be that the 2 band silvertip has less backbone than expected. OTOH anything has less backbone than the 2 band D01!

Enjoy your brush - looking forward to the review.

The last brush I ordered from Bernd was a D01 3-Band with the same specs. 25-26mm seems to be the sweet spot for me and getting it at 52mm loft should give me a direct comparison to that brush. I curious how the 2-band compares to my Simpsons Manchurian or my M&F Blonde. Both of those are a pleasure to use and have a fair less backbone to my Shavemacs. I guess we'll see in a few weeks.

Oh, I also forgot to mention that the new brush will be fan shaped. This shape tends to feel stiffer on the face compared to the bulb, but maybe that's just me.

Last edited:
Looking forward to your review and pictures. I plan on getting a Shavemac with a 26mm Silvertip 2-band, but I'm still undecided about the loft. I also want to see what the new butterscotch looks like.

Last edited:
Bernd just posted some photos of the brush he's made for me on the Shavemac Facebook page. I can't wait to get this bad boy in and use it!

$1978575_702761809815172_5290056182797499145_o.jpg$10477552_702761506481869_4192734467884859984_o.jpg$10682231_702761753148511_5075819722803397114_o.jpg

attachment.php

Very nice custom (both material and shape) handle.

I have the LE 2014 fan on order. Waiting patiently by the mailbox... :001_cool:

That is as bulb as a bulb gets. If you ordered a fan I would get in touch ASAP to avoid having to pay to send it back.

That is as bulb as a bulb gets. If you ordered a fan I would get in touch ASAP to avoid having to pay to send it back.

Well, it's been shipped so its too late for that. I'm going to have to check it out once it gets here. We will see. I own a number of bulb shaped brushes and have no problem with them, I just prefer fans since I face lather and like the fuller feeling on my face.

Honestly, I was so psyched to see the finished brush, I didn't even realize/notice the knot shape until you guys pointed it out.

I saw that on Bernd's FB page and liked that one best of the three designs he posted.

Congrats and do share what you think of the knot. Like bosseb, I'm waiting for a LE brush but with a bulb shaped knot. Would be great to know how this new hair type feels and performs.

I own 3 Shavemac brushes, 1 D01 2-Band Rudy Vey custom and 2 D01 3-Band Shavemac customs. I love them all, but was wanting to try something with a tad less backbone from Shavemac, but was worried that the 3-Band Silvertip would be too floppy for me.

So about a month ago I was really intrigued about the Silvertip 2-Band they released, but decided to wait for some reviews and see what the consensus was about that knot. Today I log on to my twitter account and see that Shavemac is not offering a butterscotch in there "Experts Select" section and it was too much for me to handle. I just placed my order for a 25/52 2-Band Silvertip in Butterscotch, 386 handle style. I'm beyond stoked!

Interesting. I've had and sold both a Shavemac 3-band and a Thater 3-band. Both were soft and luxurious feeling on the face, just a bit softer than I prefer. I've now got a couple of D01 3-bands that I love. I tried a D01 2-band but it felt kind of like a Brillo pad on my face and I got rid of that one relatively quickly. Then I discovered Thater 2-band. I think that is an under-appreciated brush. Soft and luxurious tips like their 3-band, but with a nice amount of backbone. All this is a long way of saying that I hope the Shavemace Silvertip 2-band turns out like the Thater 2-band. If so it will be a wonderful brush. Looking forward to reviews so I can see if it's worth trying to pick up one of these.

By the way, where is the LE version available?

I've tried both DO1s and the new 2-band. D01 2-band was a non-starter for me, entirely too rough. Both the D01 3-band and the new 2-band exhibit some scritch on my face. In general I prefer the recent M&F blonde badger hair. Of the brushes I've tried, the blonde badger is more dense and softer than Shavemacs newest knot. I have very sensitive skin though and I'd wager if you get along with the D01 knots you'll have quite a different perception and experience than me. Hope you enjoy your new brush!

waiting for the 2014 le in fan myself. spoke briefly with rudy today on another matter. he mentioned late next week on shipping then backtracked a little and said certainly before Christmas. so want this knot to be the one. love my pillow kent 8 but it is for bathroom fun antics not serious blade work. at least my den is cleaned after its usage.

waiting for the 2014 le in fan myself. spoke briefly with rudy today on another matter. he mentioned late next week on shipping then backtracked a little and said certainly before Christmas. so want this knot to be the one. love my pillow kent 8 but it is for bathroom fun antics not serious blade work. at least my den is cleaned after its usage.

Other than the references to it in this thread I've found no info about this brush. Where can I find out more about it?

Top Bottom