What's new

Meatless in self defense

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I guessed it to be skirt steak. I very flavorful relatively cheap cut.

Skirt steak (which I mentioned above) can be tough if prepared wrong, but it may be the most intensely flavored part of the entire cow. Considering the small yield and the awesome flavor, it's a relative bargain at around ten bucks a pound. But I have to admit the flap meat I had last night, which only set me back a paltry five bucks a pound, may have been the single best all around piece of meat this carnivore ever had.

Yes the chuck shoulder tender is great! I've been buying top loin sirloin butts for less than $5/#. I get about a decent yield on them. Lots of steaks and a decent amount of stew or stir fry meats. I'll brown the connective tissue and toss it into soup or stock for some more flavor. Just need to remember to fish it all out...

I buy a lot of manager special meats too. I either cook it that night or freeze it right away.

Buy cheap and freeze it. I have a months worth of meat in my deep freezer. Chicken thighs drums or quarters for less than eighty cents a pound, pork tenderloin for $1.40... Save save save! Just rotate out the freezer. Don't leave the good stuff on the bottom.

Top Bottom