What's new

Disappointing TV shows this season

The show that most disappoints me isn't a new show, it's an older show. The Big Bang Theory. It has many talented regular players.....but most of the lines seem to go to one actor...one character. Sheldon.

I loved the show the first couple of seasons. Now....think the new BBT season started September 20 something, 2014. Not sure as I find I'm not keeping tabs on it anymore, as I once did.

Think I've watched 1.5 BBT episodes.

I'm not interested in the emphasis on one character....which IMO, is the least interesting character in the cast.

I've also wondered how the rest of the cast...very talented actors in my view......are handling their role....merely reacting to Sheldon. Wonder what the real story is there.

What's your view on the new TV season ?

BTW, I'm finding that more and more I'm drifting to Cable vision, not so much the traditional Big 3 broadcasters...NBC, CBS, ABC....anymore.

I really enjoy the Big Bang Theory, this season included. You cannot take the show too seriously. It is not meant to compete with The Wire or The Sopranos, but rather just be a 30-minute comedy that anyone can get into.

Didn't all the Big Bang cast members hold out for mucho bucks this summer? The producers should've given the writers a raise as well. Sorry, I've seen only one episode of Big Bang and that was while unwillingly waiting in the emergency room at my local hospital, so I can't say if Sheldon is deserving of the attention.
By the sounds of it this character/actor will suffer the same fate as JJ Walker, The Fonz, Kramer and any other one-note characters on tv sitcoms. Instant obscurity once the gravy train is derailed.
Now, what the Hell happens to Nucky in the final episode of Boardwalk Empire on Sunday, well, that's what I'm interested in...

I really enjoy the Big Bang Theory, this season included. You cannot take the show too seriously. It is not meant to compete with The Wire or The Sopranos, but rather just be a 30-minute comedy that anyone can get into.

I don't take it seriously. In fact I barely watch it anymore. My point was...too much Sheldon.

I would not consider shows like the Sopranos among the best of TV drama.

American Horror Story. First season was awesome, everything else has sucked, done with it unfortunately

Stumbled upon Grey's Anatomy the other day and couldn't believe it was still on.

I've recently rediscovered Frasier on the comedy channel, haven't laughed that much in years!

I think Modern Family may be circling the drain. I don't think the writers know what to do with or how to write for Luke and Manny any more now that they are older and Lily has fallen into the Luke and Manny hole as well. This season has lost it's snap. The chemistry doesn't seem to be there any more, it's not working like it used to. It seems really forced this season.

I think Modern Family may be circling the drain. I don't think the writers know what to do with or how to write for Luke and Manny any more now that they are older and Lily has fallen into the Luke and Manny hole as well. This season has lost it's snap. The chemistry doesn't seem to be there any more, it's not working like it used to. It seems really forced this season.
They have a lot of one liners that catch you off guard, especially Phil. I agree though, they seem to be struggling, however, the Halloween episodes always seem to be great.

SCANDAL, started out great, small side stories and what not. It's become some over exaggerated soap opera that no longer even seems plausible, it's so far into governmental fantasy. It's going down hill but I still watch.

I'm disappointed in Chicago PD. I've been watching it since the Pilot episode, but it doesn't seem to grab me at all. The plots are thin, there's too much ***-kicking and shoot-'em-up action and not enough good ol' fashioned detective work.

Even after all this time, the only two characters I know by name are Hank Voight and Alvin Olinsky. I can't believe these two have managed to keep their badges, with their attitude of taking the law into their own hands and beating up suspects to extract confessions and information. Although they've never actually done it, it seems every episode they threaten to personally execute a criminal purely for revenge. Doesn't Internal Affairs know what's going on with these two? Or maybe they don't care either, as long as the squad closes their cases.

The only two bright spots in the whole show are the two female uniform cops. I'm talking about the snarky desk seargent, and the cute young rookie. The desk seargent gets the best lines in the each episode, and the rookie seems to be the only one that still has stars in her eyes and actually enjoys her job as a police officer, and still honestly believes in the "Protect and Serve" mantra.

I don't understand why this show isn't better than it is. The companion show, Chicago Fire, has me on the edge of my seat every week. Why can't they pull it together on Chicago PD and bring it up to the level of Dick Wolf's other shows?

I mostly watch cable, specifically the history and science type channels. I couldn't tell you the last network show I watched with any kind of regularity. I watch Dr Who religiously now, and I'm not disappointed with it. The Legend of Mick Dodge on Nat Geo is severely disappointing, I still watch it for the rainforest scenery though, I love the Pacific Northwest wilderness.

I remain pretty impressed with Modern Family. I have liked the first couple of shows if American Horror. I thought it's first season was ok but did not watch anything after.

Walking Dead seems, if anything, better.

Homeland seems as good as ever to me. Far from great, but pretty good.

Masters of Sex seems awful.

South Park seems very sharp.

Once Upon A Time has jumped the shark this season. What was an entertaining, clever, light drama, is now a Disney Frozen product placement bonanza. The cast includes some really talented actors, but this season -- since the introduction of Else and her sister -- has really suffered. With those two character so obviously shoe-horned into the existing plot, it's affected the rest of the cast so that they seem to be merely showing up. When the two best actors on the show - Lana Parilla and Robert Carlyle - can't even "act" the lines, it's pretty bad. I stopped watching a few episodes ago. maybe it's recovered, but i doubt it.

Hawaii 5-0. Ok, it's not a good show -- kind of a guilty pleasure. I was ok with the too obvious Chevy vs Ford product placement ( the bad guys always drive Fords, Good guys Chevys) and the outrageous plots. But it was OK, because that's what the show IS. I could even put up with some ridiculous "techno-babble" when it came to computer terms. But last week, when McGarret is lying under the jacked up FRONT END of his 70s sedan and starts spouting about how he's fixing the differential because the engine is running rough, I turned to my wife (who also knows where the differential is located and what it does) and just said ***? Do they not run the lines past ANYONE intelligent?
I don't know, I'll probably still watch it. Lotsa eye candy.

How To Get Away With Murder. Is anything going to HAPPEN in this show? Good premise, but it's like watching paint dry.

Legends. See How To Get Away With Murder. The only redeeming part is seeing Sean Bean TRANSFORM (acting wise) into a character when his character adopts a new legend. Also nice to see him actually play a character that doesn't get killed off.

Still like Big Bang Theory -- except for Penny's new haircut.

Last edited:
American Horror Story. First season was awesome, everything else has sucked, done with it unfortunately

This is the first season of American Horror Story I have watched, and have enjoyed it thus far. I suppose I don't have the other seasons to compare it to.

The new show I am most disappointed with is The Transporter, I loved the movies but can't seem to get interested in the series. Hopefully it picks up.

Top Bottom