What's new

You've just created a new soap, what will you name your brand?

Inspired by a typically brilliant and subversive post by August West in the cake versus puck thread, I started thinking about what I would name my soaps if I ever were crazy enough to start rendering tallow on my stove and mixing in some lye. It would have to mean something, both to me and a buyer, and convey a little hidden message at he same time that enhanced the brand. Tony's post made me think Shakespeare, so I decided that I would name my brand.....

....the Prospero Soap Company. Prospero is the main character in Shakespeare's play "The Tempest." I was once fortunate enough to see Patrick Stewart play the role in Central Park under a full moon that hung over the stage. It was a special experience, and like Prospero, my soaps will possess a little magic.

I'm flattered to be an inspiration

My soap company would be called La Résistance. It would have no website or contact info and my production facility would be secret. Shipping is a misnomer. It would be smuggled. Passed by hand only to the buyer. It would be outrageously expensive but people would gladly pay because it is French.

Mine would be named after a combination of the mighty Elephant and the gentle, but fierce Rhino. Ingredients would be completely random.

"Honey, your skin smells great and is soooo smooth. What is this soap made out of"?

Ele-phino.

Last edited:

My soap company would be called La Résistance. It would have no website or contact info and my production facility would be secret. Shipping is a misnomer. It would be smuggled. Passed by hand only to the buyer. It would be outrageously expensive but people would gladly pay because it is French.

So like a combination of Grey Goose and Rooney. Would it at least be worth the money?

I think I would call mine "It smells better than Arko." Then I would buy large volumes of Arko and re package it. Sell it to the Arko haters for an enormous profit! :)

I would name mine after a dearly departed dog, the Waggling Daryle. I've also promised to name a pub that if I ever open one. We have two dogs now by the same name (This is our dog Daryle, and this is our other dog Daryle). My wife has always wanted to do that.

The implication would be that there was some dog contribution as a secret ingredient. This would be off-putting to most, but the soap would be so good that each use would carry with it a touch of the exotic and the thrill of danger. Very sexy.

I would name mine after a dearly departed dog, the Waggling Daryle. I've also promised to name a pub that if I ever open one. We have two dogs now by the same name (This is our dog Daryle, and this is our other dog Daryle). My wife has always wanted to do that.

The implication would be that there was some dog contribution as a secret ingredient. This would be off-putting to most, but the soap would be so good that each use would carry with it a touch of the exotic and the thrill of danger. Very sexy.

This is great Bill.

Frickin' brilliant, sir. Love it. "Because it is French". :lol:

Top Bottom