What's new

Great Smelling Deodorants, Let me know?

I am starting this thread because someone in another thread that I started asked me if I found any great smelling deodorants to let them know.

Since I have no idea where to start, OK, I do. Ask everybody here.

Tell us about your great smelling deodorant. What it is, where you found it and how much it costs?

And do your best to describe why you think it worth the time, money or trouble vs just buying something from the Walmart down the block. For you folks not in the USA and don't know what Walmart is be happy.

Old spice ;)

Just went to their website and see our friends at PG own them. But they have tens of choices now.

None look like they would be anything I want to try.

So please enlighten me. What fragrance and why do you like it?

I want details. More details please.

TOBS sandalwood, Eton College or Mr. Taylor deo spray. Smells as good as the TOBS colognes and shave creams do, costs little more than most of the better high street concoctions and lasts a lot longer.

Old Spice Classic. While the modern Old Spice fare isn't fantastic, the classic is wonderful. Do not confuse it with the Original, that is a more modern fragrance. The Classic smells very close to the OS Aftershave/Cologne, and is meant to be paired with it.

I also like the scent of Every Man Jack deodorant.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Every Man Jack Cedarwood. Naturally derived ingredients, no parabens, no phthalates, no dyes, no sodium lauryl sulfate and never tested on animals. Clinically tested and naturally derived.

It smells Great!
Our products give you and never tested on animals.

Bluebeards Revenge, aka Dreadnought, have a great smelling deodorant that fits in with their range pretty well. Doesn't have that high street 'boy band' aroma. Over here it comes in at £3 for the roll-on stick... available online, and in one high street chain (Holland & Barrett).

(Unfortunately for me though, it's the first ever deodorant that appears to have the opposite effect. Now I can actually naturally go an entire day without deodorant, including a sweaty 10k run, and finish off the day without any odour at all... but this stuff has me smelling like a baboon within an hour of application after a shower!)

Old Spice Classic and Old Spice Fiji is great as well. The Fiji fragrance actually reminds me of my childhood in the Fiji Islands. Beautiful stuff.

Best I can do is Old Spice Original here. For a time we had the Classic, but I'd have to cross the border to get that now. Very sad. Funny how there's no less than 15 Old Spice deodorants, and a dozen body washes bearing the name, but nothing smells like Old Spice!

Avon Wild Country roll on anti perspirant smells great, just like baby powder and can be had for $1 at a few dollar stores like the .99 Cent Store. It goes well on a day when you are wearing Pinaud Clubman aftershave. It also keeps me extremely dry.

Last edited:
Dove Men Cool Silver.

I like that one too. I'm also a fan of the 'Clean Comfort' variety.

I found it by chance when shopping. It's stocked in all of the supermarkets, pharmacies and some discount retailers here in the UK. I tend to buy what's on offer. The Dove Men can be more expensive than others when it's not on offer. I've seen it priced at £3,70 something for 250ml: that's when I tend to check out some of the competitors!

Antiperspirant isn't something I've really thought about that much. I've seen that some of my favourite designer fragrances have their own - e.g. Amaris. I think I've just shown a lot of restraint from buying something that'll cost £18 for 200ml when I can get a decent enough brand that does the job for £2-3! However, I am tempted to try something that's not found in the aisles of the supermarket.

Last edited:
Trumper deodorant sticks are seemingly expensive but I've been using one for the past 6 months and I'm not even half way through it.

My favorite is Old Spice Zanzibar (formerly Komodo), but unfortunately they only sell it in antiperspirant and I'd rather have the deodorant. Old Spice Arctic Force is what I'm using right now, which is not bad.

My favorite is Old Spice Zanzibar (formerly Komodo), but unfortunately they only sell it in antiperspirant and I'd rather have the deodorant. Old Spice Arctic Force is what I'm using right now, which is not bad.
Sorry to go off topic a little but have you had a burning/stinging feeling after applying it? I had chemical burns from it. NOT TO SCARE!

Best I can do is Old Spice Original here. For a time we had the Classic, but I'd have to cross the border to get that now. Very sad. Funny how there's no less than 15 Old Spice deodorants, and a dozen body washes bearing the name, but nothing smells like Old Spice!

Old Spice Classic / Original has been discontinued in Latin America.

I get it from Spain or the USA.

Last edited:
Top Bottom