What's new

Great Smelling Deodorants, Let me know?

Sorry to go off topic a little but have you had a burning/stinging feeling after applying it? I had chemical burns from it. NOT TO SCARE!

Zanzibar? Haven't used it, just sniffed it. If you mean the deodorant, I've used Arctic Force for about a year with no problems, as well as other scents like classic and Aqua Reef.

My everyday 'go to' is Mennen Speed Sticks. They make a few scents and I always use the pure deodorant because I don't like anti-perspirants.

I use Thom's unscented, from Trader Joe's. I really don't want my AS/cologne competing with my deodorant. And I only like a few fairly obscure scents.

However, next month, I will break out of my October Gentlemanly Restrain. I see trying D. R. Harris Arlington, and, If I like the scent, on to the whole product line, incl. the deodorant. Anybody use it? I'm looking for that classic 4711 cologne aroma.

And I am looking hard at Speick; does the deodorant smell the same as the AS (which I'll also purchase after 11/1)?

Just went to their website and see our friends at PG own them. But they have tens of choices now.

None look like they would be anything I want to try.

So please enlighten me. What fragrance and why do you like it?

I want details. More details please.

Wolfthorn, its amazing

Old Spice gives me a chemical burn so I can't use it. I actually went a different direction and bought an alum crystal deodorant. It cost about $6, lasts a year, and no chemicals or artificial scents. An added bonus is I never have to worry if my deodorant matches my after shave scent.

+1 ... I've used both their stick and spray, and it adds a nice note to the Tabac symphony. Like the other components in the range, it will go dormant during the day, and then reactivates itself when you're stressed and generating body heat. For a long time you can't smell it, and all of a sudden ... "Whooooomp! There it is!" But of course, this is only during Tabac season, which for me is the dead of winter, preferably below freezing, but never above 45degF. And, I won't use it if I've shaved with or using any other brand of ASL or cologne, Tabac only mixes with more Tabac.

For hot weather, Tom's of Maine makes a nice Calendula stick. I don't know what Calendula is, but it smells good.

For the rest of the year, I use an unscented stick. Trader Joe's has a stick with cotton fibers imbedded, so it doubles as an anti-perspirant.

Old Spice gives me a chemical burn so I can't use it. I actually went a different direction and bought an alum crystal deodorant. It cost about $6, lasts a year, and no chemicals or artificial scents. An added bonus is I never have to worry if my deodorant matches my after shave scent.
+1 I did the same thing a few monthes ago.

Top Bottom