What's new

Conway Stewart now defunct?

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
It seems that Conway Stewart is not producing any further pens at this time. I can't say that I am surprised. Perhaps Brian had done some Watergate type operations in Seattle :p

Yep, they're at least in administration (UK), with rumors that they are liquidating physical goods.

Based on some of the feedback in the Nib, I didn't want to get one - until I saw a vintage 58.

I think they've sold their machines and rods. A post over at FPN also mentioned that several of the employees were able to find jobs in other manufacturing industries in surrounding areas.

Looks like the brand is all that is left to buy.

My only Conway Stewart is a vintage 388, a mid 1950s model, I believe. Excellent pen, but their modern ones were always in a price range I wouldn't even consider.

the story came out a little bit ago,... they tried to sell as a company and no one bought them so they auctioned off all their materials and machines for engraving and making pens,... they are nothing but a name now, and that's for sale to, if CS comes back it will be a new company that owns them and a whole new material and machining equipment, I told Brian so he could start a thread elsewhere lol, but he didn't take me up on my offer lol

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
the story came out a little bit ago,... they tried to sell as a company and no one bought them so they auctioned off all their materials and machines for engraving and making pens,... they are nothing but a name now, and that's for sale to, if CS comes back it will be a new company that owns them and a whole new material and machining equipment, I told Brian so he could start a thread elsewhere lol, but he didn't take me up on my offer lol

I know this is the second birth of Conway Stewart. I believe the original company went out of business in the 70's, if I remember correctly.

of you listen to the wind blowing in the calm darkness off night, you can still hear it carry the giggle of Brian reading the story over and over again

*snort*

$WIN_20130809_124936.jpg

There is something fishy about these old, defunct labels being scraped off the floor and resuscitated; they often don't make it. CS sure didn't. Penhaligon did.

Top Bottom