What's new

Good travel shaving soaps?

If you don't mind reusing your current container it will open up many more options for you. I'd suggest a refill of tabac or a stick of arko smashed into the C&M container.

I don't want to reuse my current container because the wooden lid is warped. The bowl is so old that it looks like it's been hit by a train and fell down a mountain — I guess I should've used some wood conditioner on it a long time ago

Maggard's Razors sells shave stick containers. They are tubes that, like deodorant, you can push up as you use more product:

http://www.maggardrazors.com/product/2oz-twist-up-shaving-soap-stick-container/

Here's my Maggard's shave stick container containing a Speick shave stick.

$IMG_2240.jpg

Strop Shoppe has several of their soaps in smaller TSA approved, I've been told, tubs. Think of something the size of a Williams puck. Keep the container whe you finish the soap, very useful.
Cella, Proraso, ToBS cream and the list goes on. Many shave sticks have their own container.

I've got twist up sticks of Mike's (also comes in tins) and just reloaded it from a bar, Speick (1.8 sticks in a twist up), and MWF.

but you can put any soap into any container you want to, really.

Arko. Soft enough to mash into any handy container, or, I ordered some twist up containers from Amazon, a stick pops right in, no fuss.

+1 Cella. Wonderful soap with excellent packaging. Would serve well for travel.

And as mentioned above, Tabac stick is a winner too!

I use either Palmolive Stick or I have some small plastic pill boxes I can put a dollap of any cream in if I am just doing an overnight.

+1 on reusing the container and smashing a stick of Arko or Palmolive in it.

If it fits in your budget, the travel size of MdC is great for traveling, but you'd need to find a new container if you didn't like the glass one that it comes in. MdC is particularly great for traveling b/c its really easy to lather with any brush and in any water. I bring a small tin of MdC and a small, synthetic make-up brush when I travel. It works great.

I use a cosmetic tub that is a bit taller than the one you pictured so that I have some wall to it sort of like a "mini mug". I usually use Col Conk soap in it, which is melt and pour so I can heat it in a microwave and have it perfectly fit.

I have several of them so I can rotate travel soap (I travel a lot). Currently I have Col Conk Bay Rum, Amber, and Almond. I like them all.

Here is a picture along with one of my travel brushes:

Yes, the lid fits. I only bought the Col Conk in the container once, so the others have different lids. You might try a compounding pharmacy, as they have tubs like that for prescription creams and salves.

West Coast shaving has a larger size tub as well as screw lid tins if you want a full size container.

I don't want to reuse my current container because the wooden lid is warped. The bowl is so old that it looks like it's been hit by a train and fell down a mountain — I guess I should've used some wood conditioner on it a long time ago

Got ya. I would suggest either the Arko bowl (I think Bullgoose sells it) or one of the new Valobra pucks.

I just started using with the DR Harris shaving stick. Great for travel and although I am more of a cream guy at home I am enjoying the lather and shave I get from this product.

For traveling, I prefer a soap that is basically fool proof and that will work no matter what the water may be like.

So I travel with either Cella or Tabac.

I am in Georgia this weekend, and Cella went with me.

Next trip it will be Tabac's turn.

Those two never fail to deliver.

They are also the two I most often use at home. :)

Stropp Shop SE in the plastic tub is great stuff. I never bother with sticks or small travel containers, a standard tub is easier and only weighs a few ounces more.

Top Bottom