What's new

Razor ID Help please!

Hello,
Just won this on e-bay. I do not what it is but I figured it's worth snagging, since the staring bid was $999.99. So I thought it was something really valuable. Haven't clean it yet, but I hope you would know the exact brand, model and date of manufacturing. Any input is highly appreciated. Thanks!

$5Y6SK.jpg

Brand --- Johnny Appleseed

Model --- Drywood Special Deluxe

Date of Manufacture --- 1817-1824

This is a rare piece indeed. Good find!!!

Thanks all for you comments!
I couldn't count the rings and figure out the MFD thought. Yet.

I cleaned the razor and shaved this morning and WOW, what a shave was it! It was a little bit on the aggressive side but excellent!
So I'm thinking of replating it but would you recommend Rhodium? Or maybe Gold?

Congrats! One tip about maintenance, dry it well and keep it off ground when storing to avoid unsightly termite damage. Don't ask how I know....

Please don't replate that patina is magnificent. I believe it's an early Gurkschmeid cotemporary to the Gillette double ring but much more valuable. It was given to all staff personnel of the third Royal Prussian lancier Regiment during the spring manoeuvres of 1904 just outside Königsberg. But then again I might be wrong.

WOW!! I was told my wife's cousin's father's nephew's sister's uncle's aunt's son-in-law's step dad's half brother's great great grandfather's brother had one of those but I never thought I'd actually see one!

Now that the razor is in the shop for rhodium replating could you suggest a suitable case to look for.

PS.

attachment.php
I'm sure you have the right link to the article. Post it here, please!

Top Bottom