What's new

How often do you shave?

Just a general interest question.

I got into this partially due to someone in an economics class saying "I never get razorburn. I only have to shave once a week with my safety razor!" I was under the impression that I would have to shave 2/3 times a week, but so far every day has been the norm. I do have a rough beard that grows pretty quickly, and I'm definitely only in the CCS category.

What about all of you?

Twice a day, once in the morning before going to work, once in the early evening to freshen up, this replaces the quick 'llecy shave I used to have before getting into bed....

Thanks dansimpson. I've been considering doing a second time during the day. I might start given that I lessen my burns in the morning!

Shave everyday, I get up early go hit the gym and after i shower i get the cleanest closest comfortable shaves i think sweating on the wiskers is a godly preshave :thumbup1:

My hair is pretty thick and grows very fast I shave every 4 days because I always get a full BBS (this is what I love the most about DE shaving).

BTW; DE shaving is a great experience, once you get involved you never want to shave with a different method. After my first DE shave I immediately gave all the Fusion carts I had to my brother and never missed them!

As of last month, everyday. The two times I skipped a day, I actually felt somewhat bad!
BTW; DE shaving is a great experience, once you get involved you never want to shave with a different method. After my first DE shave I immediately gave all the Fusion carts I had to my brother and never missed them!
What did he ever do to you?(jk)

lol I used that joke before, if you hate someone buy him a Fusion :lol: I tried to convert him but he's intimated by the DE bladed. Whenever he sits in his room I come there to prepare my razor, he always tells me that he feels pretty unpleasant when he sees them lol.

Since I retired, I've been shaving late at night, perfect, relaxed time, zen out before bed. I was shaving every-other-night, which is fine, but I felt too rough after 45 hrs. 36 hours would be the best, but there aren't 36-hour days.

This week, I have been shaving every night. And loving it. This might stick.

Once a few weeks ago, I shaved late at night, then again 8 hrs later for an early lunch date. Ouch! Big old red irritated skin. So 24-hr minimum between shaves. Old goat skin is more tender, I think.

Yeah Vespasian, I am afraid I might burn too much, but I can definitely see the benefit of a touch up shave.

I have never been able to wake up early, but my daily shave has me up at 7:00am and I'm loving the extra time in the morning (who would have guessed extra time WITH shaving? :p)

I shave about 3 or 4 times a week. Usually every other day. Occasionally I will skip shaves over the weekend if I have no plans to be out in public or visiting family. Sometimes you can get away with sporting a little bit of day-old stubble.

Everyday usually...sometimes I skip a day on weekends. Last weekend, I did "One Pass Saturday". That's like a half a day off.

Top Bottom