What's new

Received my bowl of arko

I got off work and received my bowl of arko in the mail..... I'm so excited to shave.....

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1414181524569.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1414181524569.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 170
Enjoy. I have ridiculous sensitive skin and the fragrance made me afraid to use it...but oddly it beats unscented soaps of other brands in leaving me irritation free.

Also I love the fact that I can hang the empty lid from my rear view mirror as an attractive car deodorizer.

Last edited:
brett918,

Where'd you find it? I'm right down I-10 & would happily head over to NOLA for a tub of one of my favorite soaps!

Big easy tools on Jefferson hwy in harahan. He also sells straight razors and strops. Has a lot of nice vintage ones. http://www.bigeasytools.com/

Last edited:
A hard puck of Arko, I use it exclusively at this stage. Basically €3 I paid for 3 months of daily 3 or 4 pass shaves. About 1 and a half months into having it now and using it almost every day and I wouldn't be surprised if I managed 4 months out of it at the rate I'm slowly going through it.

The value of Arko is probably only beaten by Cella's Extra Extra Purisima 1kg brick which would likely be cheaper in the long run. I'm looking forward to getting my 100g of it from the auction, I'm just gonna get some random old mug in the back of a press somewhere and smash it into that.

Arko is a cheap soap but with the old phrase "you get what you pay for" you get that and a whole lot more.

Hopefully he continues to stock it. His main business is tools and tool repair and does knives and shaving gear as a hobby. It's nice having a local option other then vdh and Williams even though I like and use both regularly.

Plus, once you have the bowl you can smash your sticks in it. I know a lot of people like shaving sticks but I prefer loading from a puck.

I found the bowl pretty flimsy and there is really nothing holding the puck in place, so I moved it to an Old Spice mug. It's utterly fantastic.

-Greg

I'm looking for a another daily shave soap. Especially for those mornings where I don't have "alot" of time. How fast does arko load onto your brush and build a lather?

It makes a perfect travel soap, too. Light, compact and easy to lather with a small travel brush. I look forward to my travel shaves just tk use Arko!

Top Bottom