What's new

New (to me) E-4 Fatboy

Thanks to Inari7, I now have a nice Fatboy, my first. Even better, it is birth year for me.

Came with the last quarter turn not working and needing a cleaning. Both of these were disclosed, so no angst there.

About an hour with dish soap, Scrubbing Bubbles, nice hot water, toothbrush, brass brush, and a dash of Kroil penetratoing oil and results below. TTO works fine, it was just crudded up.

It needs a little more work to be museum quality clean, but I am happy with it now as a shaver.

Shaves better than I expected. I am learning with these heavier razors that "let the weight of the raxor do the work" are words to live by.

Thanks, Inari7.

$IMG_0357[1].jpg

$IMG_0358[1].jpg

$IMG_0359[1].jpg

$IMG_0360[1].jpg

Nice. I love mine, my F-4 exclusive shaver. Too right:let the razor do the work. The 195 Adjustable is one of the high-water-marks of American engineering.

Your welcome, I am glad it found a good home and you were able to get it looking and working good.

I enjoy my fatboy too. I kept an E1 first year they were produced. Since I am a bit younger then the Fatboy.

Now just two more to find homes for. I will post them up on BST on Monday.

Congratulations, young man. ;)
I just picked up a fairly immaculate E3 Fatboy a few weeks ago. We're making our way through a series of blades from TryABlade, I got 5 each of over a dozen types, that should take 'til the end of the year or longer. By then I'll hopefully know what blades to invest in.

I have a couple of straights, but I thought I'd start with the Fatboy, and getting one from my birth quarter is coolness beyond words. :D
Besides, after having a full beard for so long, I'd better learn how to shave again with something a little less dicey than a straight.

The nice thing is that now I've shaved off the gray stuff, people think I'm in my mid-40s. :001_tt2:

Anyway, that's one nice razor you have there now. Take a spare toothbrush to it and buff it down after every use, it'll stay shiny.
I think I detail that razor of mine as thoroughly as I do my Harley, LOL.

Gillette Fat Boys are my favorite razors. I keep trying others, and end up using the Fat Boy to compare to. I always go back to the Fat Boy.

Congratulations on your razor. Being an E 4 myself I have always taken notice of them. My impression simply based on reading various B&B threads is that quarter is one of the least common that year. The F series had some changes and I suspect that was being geared up.
Of course this is only speculation on my part.
Enjoy!

Top Bottom