What's new

what are must haves

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I was really wondering about the castle Forbes it has a high price tag are the results worth it?

There are three aspects to the answer: it comes in a larger container than most creams, it requires less product than most creams and it produces a wonderful shave an excellent faced feel afterwards. So the short answer is yes.

Mike's Barbershop, orange cedar and black pepper
Cella
Pre de Provence
GFT coconut, lime
T&H Rose
RR XXX
AOS Sandalwood
TOBS Eton

cold river soap works select is a really great choice. love the new tins too. truefitt and hill are bulletproof for lathering. I would add tabac simply for the scent. got one of the last jars of xpec on earth I think and it is all so true. I let my wife have two snurdles and am applying for sainthood just for that act. I hope they rerelease it and it is nearly as amazing.

My must have creams would be:

Cyril R Salter - Indian Sandalwood
D.R. Harris - Marlborough
eShave - Cucumber

Palmolive for Men Classic Shaving Cream with Palm Extract
Ingram - Quality Lather Shave

Some that have been mentioned on this list are ones I'm eager to try - Trumper's Coconut, Castle Forbes' Lime, D.R. Harris' Rose, Proraso and TOBS Grapefruit. Whilst I'd like to try TOBS Grapefruit, I'm also tempted to try Cyril R. Salter's 'Sublime Citrus.'

I think Proraso and Castle Forbes' Lime will be amongst my next purchases. Proraso gets so many mentions on here so it's about time I gave it a go.

I use mostly soaps but the cream I use regularly is TOBS Sandalwood. Love the stuff and highly recommend it.

--Jerome

Last edited:
Wow so many replies, I'm not sure how to get notifications I only seen on the replies because I came back into the thread, I def thank everyone for the feed back I'm going to look over all of the soaps and pick some up

I definitely have some soaps I need to pick up,
The top of my list now is going to be a Sandle wood or more of a "man" scent
I also want a lavender
I just received today an order I placed for htgam the "frost byte" soap and the "cad" soap
I'm excited to try those out

IMO...Proraso Green, and Tabac. Many others i can think of, but those 2 are an awesome starting point. Fantastic go-to's.

Top Bottom