What's new

Anybody here actually buy another puck of soap exactly like the one you just finished

Just like the thread title.......I'm wondering how many of you finish a puck of your favorite soap and replace it with another puck of the same soap.

The reason I'm asking is that I have never done that. I've been clepping lather from a shaving soap for 5 years, and I've yet to re-order a puck of soap, regardless of how much I loved it.

Let me explain. I'll find a soap manufacturer that I like. For instance, I got a tub of RR Boston Tea Party. LOVED IT. When it was gone, I bought Cumba Cheech and Don Marco. When those were gone I bought XX and San Valentino. Even though I LOVED the Boston Tea Party, there are just so many scents to choose from, and I'm always interested in a CHANGE.

I went through a puck of Mystic Waters Lime. LOVED it. Praised it highly on this site over and over again. When it was gone, though, I went with Rosalimone, and I'm glad I did. It was wonderful. Now I've finished it. I'm tempted to get another puck of Rosalimone, but I probably won't. I will want to try a DIFFERENT scent, regardless of how much I loved the previous scent.

So, have you ever re-ordered the same scent, same maker? If so, what was the soap that so enchanted you that you resisted the siren call of a different, new scent?

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Tabac... went through two pucks and on my third, I will always have Tabac in my den.
Cella - Used two tubs, then I bought the kilo, when it runs out, I will by another.

I may buy another MWF, or Mikes unscented

Only 2 soaps have been good enough for me to reorder (so far):

Saint Charles Shave - Fairway
Mystic Water - Lily of the Valley

I'm nearing the end of my Honeybee Soaps "Eucalyptus & Spearmint", and I will probably replace that one too.

I've done that with Col. Conk Bay Rum and Almond, doing it now VdH Deluxe and back when it worked for me I bought Williams over and over. I don't order soaps, never saw a reason to spend more than necessary, so I don't have the experimentation urge.

Wow, Randall! I am the complete opposite! For the scents that I love, I have 10 pucks in reserve, just in case for whatever reason, the soap gets discontinued. For the other scents that are very nice, I have 3-5 pucks!
Granted, 95% of my soaps are from one artisan, but I would do that for which ever scent I really like. :thumbup:

I'm on my third puck of Haslinger Schafmilch, and will order more when the time comes. (Already PIFed one, so I need to stock up.)

This didn't prevent me from trying a couple of the other scents from Haslinger, but I should stress that they are in addition to the Schafmilch rather than a replacement for it. :w00t: Will always have some Schafmilch around, it's a go-to soap for me.

I guess I'm kind of the "anti-Celestino," LOL. As much as I love any particular soap scent, my curiosity to try a new one always outweighs my desire to have more of the one I already love. Fickle, I guess.

From my perspective there are just too many great soaps and soap scents out there, and I'd like to enjoy as many of them as I possibly can (rather than continue to enjoy the "tried-and-true").

I'm with you, Kingfisher. There are so many great soaps (and creams) to try that when I exhaust one, I replace with something different.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
So, um, does a 1 kilo "puck" count as a single puck, or 8 x 125g pucks? :001_rolle
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. I have shaved through several tubs of Proraso Green and Cella. I have both right now in fact. I'll probably always use these two as they are consistently great performers for me.

I just received my second puck of Tabac a few minutes ago. If Maurer and Wirtz still made Irisch Moos I might have ordered that instead even though I've grown to love the scent of Tabac. The only other soap I've reordered has been Arko stick and that's just to fill in a Amazon order to qualify for free shipping.

Not terribly often. VDH Deluxe when I first started because that was all I used. Proraso cream I felt I should always have on hand. Palmolive shave sticks, always want those on hand as well.

I have reordered many, many soaps and creams. Off the top of my head: Haslinger Schafmilch, RR Don Marco, Stirling Anise, Col Conk Bay Rum, Mama Bear Ye Olde Barbershoppe and Mike's Rose & Cedarwood. I also have two each of Palmolive, Lea and Irisch Moos sticks.

Creams that I've reordered multiple times are: Proraso Green, GFT Almond, GFT Coconut, GFT Rose, TOBS Almond, TOBS Jermyn Street, TOBS Rose, Old Spice.

For me it is Prorasso Green and Cella. I have started to use a puck of VDH Luxury and am liking it. I don't really feel a need to try every soap. I like to think If it workd fine, why change it.

So far, I've only replaced Palmolive and Speick sticks. However, I am below 1/3 left on my Tabac and B&M Lime/Lavender/Cedarwood and I wholly intend to replace both of those. There are definitely a few others that I will be replacing (Stirling Nag Champa and Ozark Mountain, Valobra Patchouly, and some others), but it will be a LONG time before I need to.

Top Bottom