What's new

Christmas Cookie Exchange? Thoughts?

Can we do a Christmas Cookie Swap?

• Absolutey, we can make this work!

• Not a chance, I'm a negative Nellie who doesn't believe in magic.

Results are only viewable after voting.
With all this Christmas talk lately, it's hard not to get swept up in the preparation. Besides, what's more Christmasy than food!!?? Other than maybe Christmas trees and Santa, I guess. :santa:

I'm hoping to get your thoughts on something. My wife shared an idea with me a few years ago, and we've never been able to put it into action. I'm thinking we could make it work, with some adjustments, among our Mess Hall krewe!

A Christmas Cookie Swap!

I'm thinking, if each participant gets paired with 2 others, we'd all get to enjoy a variety of yummy treats. There would need to be some rules, though: Nothing store-bought, no "no-bake" cookies, etc. I don't know how it would work internationally though, unless there were multiple participants within a region (ie, 2 or 3 aussies/kiwis, 2 or 3 Europeans, etc). What say you guys? Vote, and let me know your thoughts for making this work.

Sounds like a great idea, but I would be a bit nervous eating food from strangers. Heck, I get nervous eating food from some of my family members :lol:

Sounds like a great idea, but I would be a bit nervous eating food from strangers. Heck, I get nervous eating food from some of my family members :lol:

Just be careful not to get paired up with Ouch! Maybe we could limit it to members with over 8K posts and no known deaths by cooking? :laugh:

proxy.php

I think it might be fun. I could come up with a recipe or two.

I must admit that I am amazed at people being so squeamish about eating other peoples' cooking. Yeah, avoid the tater salad in the hot sun, but other than that… No church covered-dish suppers? No big food-centered parties, where everyone brings a dish?

Poisoning hasn't been too big a problem since Lucrezia Borgia.

Hmm. OK, this is a website of strangers, I see that. But would anyone here really…? I can't even write it down.

Yeah I was surprised at the concerns too. My only concern would be how the baked goods would keep in the mail. I seriously doubt anyone on B&B would be incompetent enough to send unsafe food, or have malicious intent.

One tip to think about. One way to keep cookies fresher, longer, is to seal them into a ziplock bag, with a piece of bread. It helps when shipping too.

Even cookies that are stored in a sealed container will start to dry out. By putting a piece of bread in, the moisture from the bread will transfer to the cookies, keeping them fresher longer. You end up with good cookies, and a dried out piece of bread. I've been doing it for years.

Even cookies that are stored in a sealed container will start to dry out. By putting a piece of bread in, the moisture from the bread will transfer to the cookies, keeping them fresher longer. You end up with good cookies, and a dried out piece of bread. I've been doing it for years.
Fascinating!

I'm in for this. I've found the members here to be truly gentlemanly. Maybe we could send along the recipe with the cookies.

Top Bottom