What's new

Underrated DE Razors

I've done this with other products like soap, and blades, and thought it was time to hear about razors.

We hear a lot about Vintage Gillette, Merkur, Muhle, Jagger...What I want to hear about are razors that you are using that don't get that much mention here that you like. It could be something that you first used, or still using...one that you bought that you got more then you expect, or just a razor that you happen to like that others don't.

So far, I've been using my Weishi-9306E and have been getting great shaves from it. I won't lie, as I am looking for a Vintage Gillette eventually, but I feel this what I have is just fine, and getting the job done.

the lutz slant

$IMG_0627.jpg

Last edited:
We hear a lot about DEs-so much so I'd say every DE is overrated. We hear much less about SEs/injectors which are very underrated and for me provide better shaves than any DE.

Underrated for a DE I'd say the Tech. Most overrated, Fat boy.

I bought a Feather razor from Amazon for $19.90. TTO with a plastic handle and metal head. With a Feather blade in it it shaves as well as any other razor I have; and it's cheaper than all of them!:thumbup:

so - could it be that - generally speaking - expensive razors are overrated and inexpensive are underrated?

Not at all...it just seems that the brands that I mention are always being written about....I'm more interesting in hearing about brands that aren't. If there is an expensive brand that you think is underrated, then tell us...

Merkur 1904 straight bar, seems to be a best kept secret. I have and HD too, but they do not shave the same. I call the 1904 "The Tech Killer", it is mild like a tech but so much more efficient.

fatip is a nice razor - but i do think they are appreciated by many - and have even sold in bucketloads through many decades.

Gillette blue tip- I tried one a couple days ago and found that it was a very comfortable shave. I have a pretty thick beard so I can't use it as my daily driver, but decided to keep in my rotation for days when it's been less than 24 hours since my last shave.

The most underrated and unused by most DE shavers is the Blue/Pink/Champagne/ Lady Gillette. It gives me the best shave of ALL my non-adjustables.

Its more aggressive then my TECHS and Super Speeds. (not tried a Red Tip yet)

My only better shavers are my Cloug Pruf, Slim and Fatboy.

We hear a lot about DEs-so much so I'd say every DE is overrated. We hear much less about SEs/injectors which are very underrated and for me provide better shaves than any DE.

Underrated for a DE I'd say the Tech. Most overrated, Fat boy.
You shut the front door mister!!!!

I don't think any DE razor is underrated here? Even the super inexpensive Chinese razors get mentioned here on B&B.

Top Bottom