What's new

Maintainace

Take out the blade, rinse well in hot water, leave open (TTO). Every couple of weeks, sift toothbrush and soap to brighten it up and prevent soap-scum buildup.

I use one razor for a week (7 shaves). After every shave I rinse the razor under running water.

After the week I use a soft toothbrush when I take out the blade.

Once a year I run all my 8 razors in a ultrasonic bath (50 watt/ 6 minutes). I have 7 TTOs and one 3 piece. The TTOs I want clean on the inside as well as on the outside.

Rinse and shake dry. Maybe a toothbrush every two weeks or so if I notice soap scum build-up. Remember, these tools are made to operate in a 100% wet environment.

Rinse and shake dry. Maybe a toothbrush every two weeks or so if I notice soap scum build-up. Remember, these tools are made to operate in a 100% wet environment.
This.

I scrub with toothbrush and Scrubbing Bubbles/equivalent when put a new blade in. This gets rid of the dullness caused by soap scum. It's surely just cosmetic, and probably a tad anal...but, hey, isn't everybody on B&B a little anal in some way or another? :001_rolle

after shaving with my progress i take my old toothbrush and put a couple shots of palmolive on it, clean the cap real good under hot running water, then clean the razor real good. towel dry everything. then i pull out the knob and dry that off, take a kleenex and roll up the corner of it real tight and then dry out the inside of the handle and dry out the water in the base hole. apply some olive oil to the top of the knob and put it all back together, line the marks up, set the knob on + and put it in the box. sounds like alot, but literally takes 3 minutes. my ocd can drive me nuts some times, but ive been this way about everything i care about. you could eat off my cars valve cover, lol...

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Open the door or loosen the head a little, rinse, shake excess water out and put back on the shelf. Pull the blade only when it needs to be changed.

I take the blade out and rinse/dry all the parts.. Maybe I'm a little overkill?

Nope, not overkill. I do the same. Remove and dry the blade from the razor, rinse and dry the razor. I don't leave any blades in the razors (with the exception of the Schick), due to blade and razor rotation. There are no little kids in my house, so the blades are safe in their wrappers in the bathroom closet with all the shaving gear. No risk of rust and the blades and razors are always clean. The extra time it takes is minimal.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Rinse, couple of sprays with 91% Isopropyl Alcohol from a mist bottle, which will dissolve any soap scum and dissipate all water. Hang to dry or dry off.

Take care of your vintage razors for the next generation of wet shavers.

After my shave I rinse under hot water and also remove blade and wipe everything dry then at the end of week I rotate razors, one that was in use gets a good scrub and a drop or two of oil

With my stainless steel (Pils, Feather ASD2) in addition to many of the above comments I place in the dishwasher once a month. Come out looking like new plus sanitized.

Rinse under hot tap, shake off excess water, pull blade and pat dry, store blade in wrapper between shaves, scrub with soft bristle tooth brush and dish washing liquid soap when I am going to switch razors.

I rinse, take the blade out, rinse the razor & blade, shave head with a cartridge, when finished, rinse brush & squeese, blot tips, dry the razor parts with a paper towel, pat the blade dry, re-assemble.

Top Bottom