What's new

E-bowl-a

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should ask one of our resident infectious disease experts above as to how to do this.

When I look at the masses arriving at, and leaving from, major airports like Heathrow each day, I really doubt that you can keep a disease out. There are just too many people, and too closely packed together. Undoable to subject them to a medical examination as well.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The Ouchbola meter:

Distance from nearest case of ebola to Ouch, a few months ago: 4,500 miles
Distance from nearest case of ebola to Ouch, a few weeks ago: 1,400 miles
Distance from nearest case of ebola to Ouch, a week ago: 10 miles
Distance from nearest case of ebola to Ouch, two days ago: 1 mile
Distance from nearest case of ebola to Ouch, today: let's do lunch!

Great job!

One would also have though that Doctor doing volunteer work treating Ebola patients in West Africa might be a bit more self aware and would self quarantine upon return to the US....

That's what amazes me. Granted, 21 days is a long time if you have any kind of life, but I suspect his employers, family, and friends would be tolerant of the inconvenience, given the circumstances. Hard to know if you aren't in their shoes.

When I look at the masses arriving at, and leaving from, major airports like Heathrow each day, I really doubt that you can keep a disease out. There are just too many people, and too closely packed together. Undoable to subject them to a medical examination as well.

Had the chance of arriving to Barcelona's airport some time ago, blame it on my provincial background. Comming from such a distant place in The World, I was astounded at the mass of people from everywhere in that airport. The first thing popping into my mind was the chances of a pandemic breaking loose.

I did not like that.

I can't believe health officials are cautioning us not to touch or eat strange bodily secretions we find in the streets. Personally, I avoid any of that, strange or familiar.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I can't believe health officials are cautioning us not to touch or eat strange bodily secretions we find in the streets. Personally, I avoid any of that, strange or familiar.

Guess it's pizza tonight.

Hmm. Hadn't thought of that. But I haven't been to Brooklyn in months.

Better sanitize those balls.

$jesus.gif

One would also have though that Doctor doing volunteer work treating Ebola patients in West Africa might be a bit more self aware and would self quarantine upon return to the US....
That's what amazes me. Granted, 21 days is a long time if you have any kind of life, but I suspect his employers, family, and friends would be tolerant of the inconvenience, given the circumstances. Hard to know if you aren't in their shoes.

My wife and I have talked about what we would do in the highly unlikely event I had an ebola patient. I would be asked to wear a continuous temperature monitor, which I would gladly do. Given the minimal/negligible contagiousness in the absence of fever, I could almost certainly be at home, although I would probably lay low (truth is, I'm not much of a swinger anyway). However, even without a credible reason to do so, I would seriously consider NOT coming home for 21 days.

My wife and I have talked about what we would do in the highly unlikely event I had an ebola patient. I would be asked to wear a continuous temperature monitor, which I would gladly do. Given the minimal/negligible contagiousness in the absence of fever, I could almost certainly be at home, although I would probably lay low (truth is, I'm not much of a swinger anyway). However, even without a credible reason to do so, I would seriously consider NOT coming home for 21 days.

That sounds eminently reasonable.

Médecins Sans Frontières, [FONT=Open Sans, Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]the group the NY doctor volunteered with, has a sterling record of safety for their very brave and selfless workers. They pretty much invented the protection protocols in use everywhere. I don't think that have had an Ebola infection until this week. These factors might have made him feel more protected than he really was.[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom