What's new

Eight & Bob

I really like the way this smells. Can someone clarify if this story is accurate? Sounds good, but could be fantasy?

"When American student John F. Kennedy met Parisian aristocrat Albert Fouquet on the Cotes d'Azur in the 1930s, not only was he charmed by the man, he was also intrigued by his hand-crafted scent. Upon his return to the US, JFK made a quirky request for eight samples —"and if your production allows, another one for Bob".

"EIGHT & BOB," as the cologne came to be known, was a hit with the Hollywood elite, but it would languish for decades after Albert's tragic death in a car crash. WWII forced Fouquet's loyal butler Philippe —the only other person who knew the cologne's formula —to hide his final shipment of bottles inside books that he carefully cut by hand.

But "EIGHT & BOB" has returned. Based on its original formula, this bright, elegant cologne with the rare "Andrea" plant extract from the Andes, is packaged in a box.

A fragrance with a history, "EIGHT & BOB" is a true perfume event."

I myself don't believe the story (I had already heard it prior to viewing this post), but whoever made it up certainly knew a thing or two about marketing!

The scent is aquatic and slightly spicy. It's difficult to describe, but definitely pleasant as far as I'm concerned.

I suspect a very cunning marketing ploy, but I have no evidence, of course. I would like to try it, though, so I bit the hook.

I got this on sale for 60% off or something when Henri Bendel was liquidating its fragrance section. It's a versatile and pleasing scent which means that it's good for most occasions but never perfect for a particular one - I'm glad to have it.

Everything else is marketing to me. I can't imagine that what I smell from the bottle came from the 1930s.

Top Bottom