What's new

St. Charles Shave-- Fairway Rose

Hi all,

I'm way too A.D.D. to give an actual review, but I just tried some products from St. Charles Shave. They are the first products I've tried from this vendor.

I shaved with some Fairway Rose shaving cream and followed up with some Aqua after shave milk.

Sure enough, the Fairway Rose smelled like a beautiful green on the ninth hole at a golf course, with a hint of rose thrown in. It reminded me of when I used to go golfing with my father. He would let me drive the cart while he golfed in a foursome. He always wanted to teach me to play golf. But, as a rebellious son, I refused-- big mistake on my part.

The cream was thicker in the tub than most creams I've tried. So I put an almond size chunk into my shaving bowl and began to lather. It took a little more water to make lather with it than my other creams; but what a lather! Nice and thick and lots of it. I love to put tons of lather on my face. I love to have more than less and this did not disappoint! :001_smile

I tried the Aqua after shave milk after my shave. It was a little more liquid than I expected. But it was great. It has a "citrus" sent and a "water" scent. I don't know how to describe a "water" scent, but this has it. It's really awesome. I think it's great for summer because of the scent and it goes on nice and lite. There is probably no alcohol in it because it didn't burn a bit, and I have a sensitive face.

My only regret is that I ordered this before the deal with the free puck of soap with every order. :blush: Rats!

I also have a tub of the Aqua shaving cream, I'll try that on Sunday!

Great! I, too, love the scent. It's just as you described. However, I struggle to make great lather with this cream. While I can make a lot of lather with it, it's just doesn't produce as thick a lather as, say, TOBS, AOS, or T&H. Really nice scent, and really moisturizing, though.

Great! I, too, love the scent. It's just as you described. However, I struggle to make great lather with this cream. While I can make a lot of lather with it, it's just doesn't produce as thick a lather as, say, TOBS, AOS, or T&H. Really nice scent, and really moisturizing, though.

Really? I just kept adding watter. I noticed that it's much thicker in the tub than my other creams. I wasn't sure if the cream is supposed to be concentrated or not. I tried to dip my brush in it like I do with T&H Ultimate Comfort, but it just repelled my brush. So I got about an almond size chunk and put it in my bowl. Then I swirled a little, added watter, and repeated this about three times.

This is the first cream I've tried from them so I'm not sure if this is normal for them or not. I liked it though. I think I do get a better shave from my T&H UC, but the T&H is way more expensive and I'm on a limited budget.

I noticed that too SlyGi....It's almost like a jam or jelly kind of consitancy in the 2 tubs I ordered from SCS. I love the cream, but the consitancy just kind of threw me off.

I have to agree EXACTLY with you. I love the smell of the Very V but the lather is just too "lite" compared to other top quality creams. I can make voluminous and copious amounts of lather with it but it just doesn't have the thickness and body that other top brands have. It has it's place in my shave den for sure but don't know if I'll re-order when it's gone. Of course YMMV. //rick//

I just kept adding water. I noticed that it's much thicker in the tub than my other creams. I wasn't sure if the cream is supposed to be concentrated or not. I tried to dip my brush in it like I do with T&H Ultimate Comfort, but it just repelled my brush. So I got about an almond size chunk and put it in my bowl. Then I swirled a little, added watter, and repeated this about three times.

Exactly...it might be a little different than other creams, but when you hit the sweet spot it works extremely well.

My lathering with this cream is getting better; I can produce good lather...the only problems is that I have to put a lot more muscle into it. I really have to work the cream in order to get an acceptable lather. Too much effort needed. If you read other threads, it seems to be a common experience for fellow B&B members. For me, this might be a cream I use every now and then, when time permits.

You gotta use a lot more water than other creams and perhaps do a bit more on the mixing of the lather but let me tell you, the final product to me is worth the extra effort. With SCS creams when you think you have enough water, add more. It works and will produce some of the finest lather out there.

And the scents are just marvelous! I have not tried Fairway Rose but may give it a try with my next order from Saint Sue!

I just received my first order from Sue and got the Bay Rhum cream. Really excited to try it out this weekend when the temps climb to 90.

Top Bottom