What's new

Barbasol Shaving Cream

So I just found out that Barbasol is manufactured about 30 minutes from my house here in OH. Funny part is I don't see many of the different scents being offered at some of the local stores. You would think they would have a wide variety here on home turf. I can't even seem to find the cream in the tube around here. Has anyone found it in their local stores? I've tried CVS ,Walgreens, Rite Aid, even the local grocery stores and no luck. I'm contemplating calling the plant to see if they have a shop there as well where I could pick some up. Thanks for listening to the babbling.

While you're calling, why not see if you can get a tour? I know when I was in college they had the Jelly Belly jelly bean factory open for tours every weekend - maybe Barbasol does the same?

That's pretty cool that you're so close, sir. Good luck with figuring it out! I just thought about the fact that maybe they only make certain products at that particular plant while they make the tubed cream somewhere else?

That's a good idea. Maybe it's like the chocolate plant here or a brewery with samples at the end, haha.

I'm afraid that most companies won't give tours any more, mostly out of liability concerns...I've been told that time and again, when trying to get my kids' elementary school classes in for a look. When I was a boy, in the 50's/60's, we used to go all the time...I was in the NY Times printing plant 50 years ago, and most memorably, in a now defunct Brooklyn candy factory...vats full of bubbling, multi-colored lollipop goop...unforgettable!

So good luck with Barbasol...I still shave with it sometimes myself. And where in OH are they, SWMBO is from the east side of Cleveland.

I'm afraid that most companies won't give tours any more, mostly out of liability concerns...I've been told that time and again, when trying to get my kids' elementary school classes in for a look. When I was a boy, in the 50's/60's, we used to go all the time...I was in the NY Times printing plant 50 years ago, and most memorably, in a now defunct Brooklyn candy factory...vats full of bubbling, multi-colored lollipop goop...unforgettable!

So good luck with Barbasol...I still shave with it sometimes myself. And where in OH are they, SWMBO is from the east side of Cleveland.

They are located down in Ashland pretty close to 71 south

Top Bottom