What's new

Is DRH rose cream a hard cream?

I have used only ToBS creams since I started DE shaving in May. All of them have been really soft and I can easily stick my finger in and touch the bottom of a full tub. I finally decided to try a different brand and went with DRH rose. This cream is so hard that I would say it is close to a soap (I have not tried any soaps yet so I don't know for sure). I use the load/hydrate method and I get great shaves from it, better than ToBS. Is this how it's supposed to be?

I have the DRH Rose Cream in a tube, so by definition, is is soft, not a crop. I assume that the cream in a tub would have the same consistency. Very good cream, by the way.

I haven't used DRH creams yet, but I have a tub of DRH Lavender on the way. I bought it used, and the first owner described it as yours. Search around the cream forum, and you should find similar reports. It sounds like this is the normal consistency for this cream.

As for getting better shaves with it...yes, DRH products are some of the finest on the market. If/when you start exploring soaps, go ahead and cough up the money for a DRH soap. Get the refill if you want to save a little money. It's not inexpensive, but it will last 2x or 3x longer than other soaps while providing first-rate lather.

Thanks for everyone's help. It through me off because it was like night and day between the two brands. I'm a new fan of DRH cream and can't wait to try the soaps.

Thanks for everyone's help. It through me off because it was like night and day between the two brands. I'm a new fan of DRH cream and can't wait to try the soaps.

I fell in love with the 2 creams I have, lavender and rose, and like you wanted to try one of their soaps. I ordered the Arlington and I like that quite a bit.

Top Bottom