What's new

razorock stealth

HI,
has anyone got any updated information about the upcoming release of the Razorock Stealth slant through the ITALIAN BARBER site? it seems we have been waiting for quite some time.regards

There have been a number of small batches released over the past couple months, which have sold out nearly immediately. Check the vendor thread for details, they are still getting released as they are made but due to the negative feedback Joe's gotten he won't be announcing releases beforehand, they will just go up on the site.

HI,
thanks I am a bit hesitant to do that as I am sure he is pestered all the time.i just thought it was too bad nothing showed up in the October update.regards tony

Gentleman, I just received my razor on Thursday, and I ordered it on Friday the week before. I don't know if I was just lucky or what, but I just kept checking the site and I saw that you could order so, I hit that buy tab and sure enough I snagged one. I went back about ten minutes later it said sold out, and about thirty minutes later I checked again and the razor had been taken off the site completely ! I think you just have to be in the right place at the right time. I agree with Taborcam they must be releasing them in small numbers at a time .

HI,
thanks for the info.i did hear from Joe himself yesterday and he filled me in about the negative feedback,which caught me by surprise! thanks tony

HI,
sorry negative feedback as to when the razor would be available I guess a few people have let their emotions run away with them! feedback about the razor has been stellar! tony

I've checked and rechecked the IB website many times a day, and for a long while now, without ever finding any of the Stealth models available. So I'm one of those who don't care for this release schedule. But there are other good razors out there much easier to come by, which makes it easy to move on.

Last edited:
HI,
yes indeed I found myself checking the site many times a day for the past 2 months plus,so I do understand your point of view!

I've checked and rechecked the IB website many times a day, and for a long while now, without ever finding any of the Stealth models available. So I'm one of those who don't care for this release schedule. But there are other good razors out there much easier to come by, which makes it easy to move on.
Ditto! Tired of looking, wondering and waiting. I'm going to order a Merkur 37C and never look back.

I wish it were available to everyone who wants one. This drip-drip release method might get some excited but it leaves me cold.

+1 for this. Voodoo marketing that is turning me off. Either make it and release it or don't. Joe has had plenty of time to test the razor and get feedback.

Now it is time to produce or drop.

I wish it were available to everyone who wants one. This drip-drip release method might get some excited but it leaves me cold.

Come on guys - give Joe a break. Whatever method he tries, people are un-happy...but he can't do any more.

He releases them as quickly, as they become available, and if you really want one, trust me it is not so hard.

And comparing the RR slant to the Zamac 37c is like comparing a Mercedes to a Kia - only in this case the Merc doesn't cost 10x as much.

They are a quality product that are hand made made piece by piece - for a very good price, so he can't get more than a couple hundred at a time - and releases them straight away.

I'm sure they're great, but I can't sit refreshing my browser all the time or get up at some ungodly hour to buy one.
I like Joe, I like his products, I just don't like the way these are being sold.

I'm sure they're great, but I can't sit refreshing my browser all the time or get up at some ungodly hour to buy one.
I like Joe, I like his products, I just don't like the way these are being sold.

Maybe you can suggest a better way? I have thought about this problem and there seems to be only 3 options:

1. Outsource production which will lead to either poorer quality or higher prices
2. Raise the price or even auction them
3. Wait a year or two until enough razors have been stockpiled so that demand can be met

So either we pay more, get a worse razor or don't get a razor for a long time - doesn't seem appealing to me to be honest...

Maybe you can suggest a better way? I have thought about this problem and there seems to be only 3 options:

1. Outsource production which will lead to either poorer quality or higher prices
2. Raise the price or even auction them
3. Wait a year or two until enough razors have been stockpiled so that demand can be met

So either we pay more, get a worse razor or don't get a razor for a long time - doesn't seem appealing to me to be honest...

Well I'm not running a business so I don't really have to. [emoji6] It seems that Mongoose razors have gone about their lunch in a better way IMO, and that's a new company (as far as I'm aware) rather than an established one like razorock.

Top Bottom