What's new

razorock stealth

$50 was the first 150 that I sold at cost.

It's impossible to sell a machined razor for $50 and not lose your shirt.

A Merkur 37C is $55 MAP and that is cast pot metal.

Fair enough Joe, my mistake. I just can't afford 75 so I'll have to pass, especially with the prices of international shipping from Canada!

One way to try and fix this problem would be to raise the cost to around $150.00 or $250.00 per razor. Joe would make more money and the people that want one, who could afford it, would have a better chance to get one. I think this would go against some of RR's principles though.

Fair enough Joe, my mistake. I just can't afford 75 so I'll have to pass, especially with the prices of international shipping from Canada!

No worries. I know it's tough to understand the cost of things, unless you actually are involved in making them. I just wanted to make sure you knew that machining this time of piece is extremely costly and you can't really comparing the cost of a machined razor to that of a cast razor.

One way to try and fix this problem would be to raise the cost to around $150.00 or $250.00 per razor. Joe would make more money and the people that want one, who could afford it, would have a better chance to get one. I think this would go against some of RR's principles though.

I had dinner with my accountant this evening and the first thing he said was... "You should be selling those slant razors for a lot higher, you know they would sell just the same".

This is true, but goes against what I'm trying to do with the brand. I can't explain it, without it coming across as some sort of warped marketing ploy but let's just say that I believe, if I offer better value and try not to be greedy, it will be better for the brand going forward and into the future and win over a lot more loyal clients. There are many ways to make a sale, but I have found that offering a high quality to price ratio is generally a great long-term strategy. I'm a value conscience person by nature, when I buy something I'm always looking at all the offerings at all the price-points, then I try to determine where the diminishing returns begin to appear on the pricing scale. From a business perspective, if you can isolate this area, make a product in this area and price it lower (and still turn a profit), I think it's good recipe for success... longer term. It's definitely not a good short term profit strategy though.

Thanks for the continued information Joe. I appreciate your efforts sometimes in the face of not so appreciative comments. Wish I had your resilience and patience!

Last edited:
I could manage to order the razor on Tuesday from India. Though the shipping cost to India was extremely high I ordered the razor anyway. One day before I ordered Razorock rake, the open comb razor. Joe was kind enough to club the shipping.

I was looking for a slant razor for some times to add to my collection ( Edwin jagger de89l, Merkur 34c, Merkur Futur, Muhle r41). I was blown away by several reviews and initial responses about the Razorock Stealth Slant. But soon realized this razor was almost impossible to buy. I also got a bit annoyed and frustrated like many other customers. I almost finalized Ikon DLC slant. But got lucky on Tuesday.

Then done a bit more research about the razor and realized the way this razor is produced is totally different. It's not the falt of italianbarber, or Joe. Because it's a machined razor its not possible to produce enogh razors to meet the crazy demand.

Actually 75 $ is really low in my understanding if you take account of the production procedure. In many ways the razor is unique, it's lot lighter and according to most reviews it's efficient without being too aggressive. So this razor is suppose to create the high demand.

I really appreciate the efforts of Joe, for creating this unique razor, giving something new to the wet shaving community. Also the way he is handling the situation of high demand and communicating with the customers, is commendable.

Last edited:
I received my new Stealth slant on Saturday and shaved with it for the first time today. I don't know if it is a V2 or V3, but I didn't see any obvious ways to get the blade parallel to the cap. I did order one WITH the stand, so maybe its a V2.

In any case the finish was flawless. It's really a beautiful razor!

I put in a Personna Lab, lathered up some Mike's Orange, Cedarwood and Black Pepper and went to town. One thing I can say is this razor is smooth! That thing just glides around the face, and I never felt anything close to a bite, nick, or scrape. I was completely irritation free after a 3 pass shave with neck touch-ups.

I don't think I got quite as close as I normally get with my Weber, but it took me most of a pass to get the angle just right, so I'm not going to jump to any conclusions after 1 shave.

I know I'm looking forward to more!

I got lucky and was able to nab the black beauty slant without a stand. It arrived yesterday and today was my first shave.

First, the appearance is very nice. I thought with a prototype there would be some nicks, scratches, etc. but the finish was perfect. The weight also is perfect: neither too heavy nor too light. The razor is easy to grip even with wet hands.

I put a Personna Hospital Grade blade in the razor and gave it a try. I had to check to see if I had a blade in it because the shave was so smooth. The razor just glides along. I did my usual 4 pass shave and got a great shave: close but smooth. The only negative - and it is a small one - is the head is rather large. I had to move my "substantial nose" (as my wife calls it) with my hand and do a cross pass to get those pesky hairs under my nose. It was not a big deal for me.

I love slant razors and this was is at the top of the list. A great razor, well made, and performs flawlessly. IMO, Joe has a winner.

Here are some pics to make you jealous.

$rr stealth2.jpg$rr stealth.jpg

Both razors came while I was out on the road, so I haven't had the opportunity to get to know them well enough to comment, but here is The Stealth side-by-side with its cousin The Rake.

$100_0985.jpg
$100_0986.jpg

There's Black Magic in that Stealth! It's unlike any razor I've ever used before in terms of ease of use, smoothness, closeness and completely irritation free shaving. I'd love to see a chromed brass or gold version of the final design. This razor is just that good folks!

Top Bottom