What's new

Missed out on auction? Missed out on last year's B&B Essential?

Absolutely. For those who could not afford to put a bid in this year's auction items, this is a great way to still contribute to the cause. Get a great brush at a great price, and a portion of the sale goes towards the NBCF in honor of Sue Moore!

These went for $100-110 with a puck of AOS soap in the auction. Maybe I should buy another just to donate for next years auction, especially if a portion of the purchase price goes to NBCF.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I bought 3 when I got home from work; one for me, my brother, and one for the secret santa thingy.

They look like an omega knot. I have the pro 48. Not a fan of how scritchy it is. And very tall and stiff. The hairs are more like a broom. Thick and too stiff. Come to think of it, they are exactly like the bristles on a broom! Hopefully this is not the same as the omega. I'd rather get a brush that helps a charity though. Does anyone know if this is an omega knot?

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
They look like an omega knot. I have the pro 48. Not a fan of how scritchy it is. And very tall and stiff. The hairs are more like a broom. Thick and too stiff. Come to think of it, they are exactly like the bristles on a broom! Hopefully this is not the same as the omega. I'd rather get a brush that helps a charity though. Does anyone know if this is an omega knot?
Yes, it the "Badger & Blade Omega Blonde Boar Shaving Brush, Pink for Sue" (WCS title) is produced by Omega. :tongue_sm Luckily, you're saved as the brush is now sold out. A non-Sue version of the brush will most likely be listed again and would, I think, carry the same knot.

I'm a little surprised at how you find they are too scritchy. My B&B Omega (the Sue version, I've also had another in the past) were pillow soft for face lathering as is my Omega 49, which is a much larger brush. They're way softer than my pure badger and just as soft as my silvertip but with more backbone.

Never mind, I just saw it says omega. Maybe next year they'll make one with semogue! Now that's a quality boar! They should do a finest badger as well. Maybe a Shavemac

Never mind, I just saw it says omega. Maybe next year they'll make one with semogue! Now that's a quality boar! They should do a finest badger as well. Maybe a Shavemac

You could just ask one of the B&B brush handle turners to bang one out for you and load it with a shavemac. You could also just buy a Kent Bk8, which is essentially the essential with a nice silvertip.

Last edited:

There are almost yearly Limited Edition B&B brushes.
Last year's was a Shavemac Finest or Silvertip set in a gorgeous and unique Rudy Vey handle.
They sold out to contributors within a day.

Top Bottom