What's new

Muile Synthetic v2 Fibre Search

Yo guys, I'm looking for a new Muile v2 fiber brush. After long and careful consideration I've settled on Muile for my new synthetic brush I'll be buying come next payday.
Plission came in at 2nd but lost because they don't have a brush with a high enough loft for me on sale and I've heard people say that for the most part the Muile has a bit more backbone.

My option are either the Muile Silver Tip Fiber or their Black Fiber but I'd be happy with either.

My problem is that after searching though a good number of vendors I still can't find a brush I want.
Basically I want a brush with a 60mm loft in an ideal world but I'd be happy with 54mm or larger at a push.
As for the knot anything bigger than 23mm wouldn't be for me unless by chance a 24x60mm showed up then that would be great too.

Sorry if I seem oddly specific, but the way I see it is that I want a brush that could last for maybe 2 decades of daily use and a decent Synthetic looks like it could handle that at a push. Badger brushes aren't really an option for me.

Have you guys any suggestions? Do you think a custom brush maker could secure a 23x60mm or a 22x60mm Muile v2 STF or BF knot? Point me to a 55mm lofted Plission and my mind could change again lol.

I'm a 2 brush only man, one I can use and love everyday because it's special and another which I don't care about but keep as a bit on the side but wouldn't be upset if she up and left me while we were traveling together.

Thanks guys :thumbup1:

If you want the most backbone I would stick with the Muhle STF. It is more densely packed and is great with hard soaps.

Rudy Vey makes custom brushes using both types of Muhle knots (and other synthetics I think).

proxy.php

23/56 mm seems to fit the bill exactly - http://connaughtshaving.com/33k252.html

Top Bottom