What's new

Hang on to your Chubby

I screwed the pooch this morning.... Damn... only 2 month old... Guess I find out if Gorilla glue is any good...:angry: $IMAG0475_126.jpg

That's too bad:bored: Wish I knew the best way to fix that. How did it happen if you don't mind me asking?

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Oh man, that is not good. But don't use gorilla glue unless it is the Super glue kind. The standard Gorilla glue will expand too much.

Not this
$pDGC1-10605074v380.jpg

Last edited:

mswofford

Rest in Peace
You could E-mail Simpson brushes and see what the expense would be to send it to them for handle replacement. Include your picture; It might be worth it. Very sorry to see this.:sad:

Sorry to hear it. I'd recommend the marine version of loctite epoxy gel. You can get it on Amazon. It's designed with soaking in mind. BTW, thank you for the title of this thread... :001_rolle

No Gorilla Glue. It's just about the messiest and worst glue ever invented. It will foam all over the place as it cures and ruin your brush. Chamm's fix is very well done. Follow his procedure.

You could also send the brush to Rudy Vey, and have him extract the knot, and install it in a custom handle.

Ouch!! Hope you can fit it. Looks like a clean break with no shards, so hopefully you can make a full, clean, barely perceptible repair. Good luck.

You could E-mail Simpson brushes and see what the expense would be to send it to them for handle replacement. Include your picture; It might be worth it. Very sorry to see this.:sad:
So far it seems the best thing to do...get first an answer from Simpson...and then act yourself.

That's an easy fix. Moisten the broken part under the bristles. Squeeze the gorilla glue onto the other piece. Stick it together. You'll have to hold it for several minutes. Then you can get away with wrapping it tightly with a cloth and then just put alittle painters tape around it. 24 hours later you'll be good to go

I'm new around here and didn't realize how much you guys love your shaving equipment. Kinda like me and my Fountain pens. I say this because someone poo pood my gorilla glue suggestion. If you don't want to risk the foaming spillage of the gorilla then don't use it. How ever, it will work. Just squeeze a few drops, spaced out. If you do get some spillage you can always shave off the excess.

Gorilla Glue is also a polyurethane foam. It works exceptionally well on wood joints that aren't exposed, but in my experience, being a foam, it does not hold up well over time at all. I've seen people recommend cyanoacrylate glues, (i.e. Super Glue) but again, my experience with those are not good at all. Epoxy is definitely the way to go.

Top Bottom