What's new

Frank Shaving Handles with Yaqi Brush Knots

i bought some handles from FS China and Some badger knots from yaqi brushes so here they are...
Hope you like them.

Attachments

• $1.jpg
    $1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 222
  • $2.jpg
    $2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 217
  • $3.jpg
    $3.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 217
  • $4.jpg
    $4.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 219
  • $5.jpg
    $5.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 219
L to R.

2 pcs Rooney Style 3/3 faux horn with 26mm yaqi HMW
Rooney Style 3/2 faux ivory with 24mm yaqi HMW
Faux horn stubby with 26mm yaqi
Faux ivory stubby with 26mm yaqi
Faux Ebony stubby with 26m FS Finest.

Regards.

Attachments

• $6.jpg
    $6.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 213
Those look really nice. Every one of them, handles and finished brushes. I'm especially fond of faux horn.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your source for both the handles and the knot? You mentioned the brand, but how can they be acquired?

@Mike H Thank you.
@Big Jim
Normally FS doesnt want to sell only handles or Yaqi have min order 500+ etc but i just requested to buy some handles and knots from these companies and they are accepted that is easy indeed :) worth a try.Thank you.

Last edited:
i just test lathered frank shaving handle ones but using my bethlehem olive wood handles so

Yaqi knots are extra dense because i mention to make them extra dense so they used %5 more hair than standart knots. Tips are little bit crispy when they are dry but when they are wet like a soft but quite enough backbone and excellent flow through .

All chinese hair and knot sellers named their knots differently so one of them say silvertip other other one say bleached silvertip so when i requested buy some hmw knots they sent me these badger knots normally their characteristics between HMW 3 band and selected silvertip hair type. its backbone is little bit more than silvertip but one step back from the HMW . i very much like their flow through im using all the lather in the brush quite enough for 3 passes .They are luxury badger knots thats all i can say at this point so i hope thats help.

Attachments

• $IMG_3526.jpg
    $IMG_3526.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 112
Very nice FS handles !
I have some of them,i prefer to buy handles than knots from this brand
Lately i had too many failures so i stop buy from them (mother site or ebay sellers).

I lucked out on my FS Synthetic and got one that was set and performs perfectly! Went against the tide and rolled the proverbial dice I suppose. I didn't know you could order just the Handles (thanks for sharing), curious about where you go to do this? Is there a contact that can be shared or is this a "Do your research"? don't want to get anyone in trouble... I've recently gotten into bringing back some of my Vintage Handles to their former glory, but this is a brilliant idea as well!

Top Bottom