What's new

The Renaissance of hair pomades & the new Golden Age

Reuzel Blue... I will most likely end up getting some of this when it's available. I might as well get the Green too and I'll have the whole line up. Hopefully I won't be disappointed.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Just ordered some Matte Clay from Lockhart's. What's interesting is that it's an oil based product. Reading off the ingredients, it comes across as a hybrid of a pomade and a clay. My favorite thing about oil based pomades is that my hair is very finicky and difficult to control and they whip it right into shape and keep it where I want it. This may be a matte product that can control my hair as well as an oil based pomade since it really appears to lie in-between the two. Can't wait to try it out!

38$ for a 4 oz container...
For what looks like a light hold pomade based on the ingredients. No thanks, I'll stick to my North Standard for a 1/3 of the price.

Well, Daimon Barber No.1 is good stuff. However, the hold isn't enough. The weather is too humid here and my hair style doesn't stay. Maybe it would better suit me in during an event where I'm not outside for long periods of time like I have been doing.

38$ for a 4 oz container...
For what looks like a light hold pomade based on the ingredients. No thanks, I'll stick to my North Standard for a 1/3 of the price.

Yeah, I wouldn't be using it as a pomade per se. Just sounds like it would smell nice for the days when I want the gf to be able to get her fingers through my hair (this ain't happening with the other pomades I'm using).

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Really enjoying my Matte Clay from Lockhart's. It's really a pomade with clay mixed in, so it styles like an oil based but dries in matte.

On the way now is Reuzel Red, Railcar Supreme Hold, and Shear Revival Crystal Lake. Decided to get some more water based pomades since I have plenty of oil based stuff to last me a looong time!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438816840.602357.jpg
This is my set-up for the next 30 days. I was pretty ticked I forgot to bring my Murray's Superlight, but we'll see if I can make the Murray's Superior work for me.

hey all, quick question. i am looking at trying my first oil based pomade. instead of dropping more $$ on the really good stuff via Amazon, which drug stores seem to stock the best selection of "classic" pomades? (Murray's, Brylcreem, etc.)?

additionally, do you think my hair would benefit from an oil pomade? i made a thread earlier but haven't gotten responses and i'm in need of some new product ASAP. i am actually hoping to grab something that is more of a natural look. i am not a fan of super slick, pin straight hair. i tend towards a messier/surfer/salt water look. if that makes ANY sense.

thank you.

http://i.imgur.com/n5d4XYv.jpg

(not sure why i can't directly link the img)

You should look at a matte clay. Old Spice and Axe both make their own versions that I commonly see at markets, drug stores, Walmart/Target.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
O'Doud's just reformulated their water based pomade to give it more hold and changed the scent. I already have plenty of the old formula but went ahead and ordered the new one anyway. :)

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
You should look at a matte clay. Old Spice and Axe both make their own versions that I commonly see at markets, drug stores, Walmart/Target.

Or just get some Lockhart's. Worth every penny. My previous favorite clay was Hanz de Fuko Claymation but Lockhart's is just as good and gives more product for the money in a classier container.

Or just get some Lockhart's. Worth every penny. My previous favorite clay was Hanz de Fuko Claymation but Lockhart's is just as good and gives more product for the money in a classier container.
Oops.

I bought some DAX Wave and Groom tonight

Guess I done messed up, lol

For those of you in Portland, I just found a cart that sells Uppercut products over at the Southeast food carts on Division and 28th. A food cart for hair products, how Portland!

$-df7d95c1e19bfa4b.JPG

Oops.

I bought some DAX Wave and Groom tonight

Guess I done messed up, lol
Dax Wave and Groom is good stuff to me. I use it pretty much all the time now. The scent is good, the hold is excellent, the shine is minimal, and the build up is awesome. The kicker is that it's dirt cheap if you can find it locally. I might just stock up since I know I like that stuff so much. My other pomades sit in the drawer. I need to stop doing that lol. Next I'll buy some Murray's and see if it's as good as Dax Wave and Groom.

Top Bottom