What's new

6 Blades Was Not Enough

I guess Dorco just couldn't be satisfied having a 6 blade razor. Then we have those pathetic Gillette and Schick razors with their measly 3 and 5 blade options.

Presenting the Dorco Pace 7. It shaves hair that hasn't even begun to grow yet.

$dp7.JPG

Other than an eBay listing selling them, the only other info I could find was some posts on Dorco's Korean Facebook page. Not that I could read any of it.

I sincerely hope that is a joke. If not, it may just be worth buying for the kitchen. Could you imagine how much better you're potato's would be getting the extra 27 microns of skin off! :thumbup1:

If you pay attention there is a lot of this type of insanity in society.
As people age they sometimes are accused being cynical towards something new.
Items like the 7 blade razor are why.
When your young you haven’t had the benefit of time to so see this happen in many aspects of life.
When you do and realize what is happening its not cynicism but rather wisdom you have acquired.
What is wisdom? Memory and intelligence.
The ability to remember you have seen the B.S. before and the intelligence to recognize for what it is…

Frankly if this makes it to the US, I'd try it. I've had no problems with the 5 & 6 blade razors, but I'm not too prone to get ingrown hair. Can't imagine it's really different from their 6 blade model.

How many more microns closer will this actually get I wonder? The only flaw I can see is that it doesn't pivot from side to side. At least it has a floppy head and a sticky strip!

Do you have the woodworking tool called a Surform over there? Like a sort of fine cheesegrater you use for shaping wood etc. Very handy.

Perhaps the Dorco 7 would be handy for small delicate modelmaking tasks?

I think I'll wait for the 25 or 30 non clog blade razor to come out before I retire my DE razor. Or maybe I'm just a stubborn old man that loves his morning shaves with one blade.

They'll reintroduce something like the single blade razor if they can find a way to make it exclusive and charge above market prices for it. At that point, their ads will say "One is enough! Our new technology makes a single blade outperform the 12 blade model!"

But they're not going to do that till they get something proprietary that they can hype. But so long as anyone can make cheap DE blades, Gillette will keep it away from the Western market.

And apparently, no one else has found a way to make DE shaving appealing and profitable for the Western public or someone would have tried by now.

i,m sure somebody will buy that dorco, marketing still works with most of us.
that gillette commercial is so funny

They'll reintroduce something like the single blade razor if they can find a way to make it exclusive and charge above market prices for it. At that point, their ads will say "One is enough! Our new technology makes a single blade outperform the 12 blade model!"

But they're not going to do that till they get something proprietary that they can hype. But so long as anyone can make cheap DE blades, Gillette will keep it away from the Western market.

And apparently, no one else has found a way to make DE shaving appealing and profitable for the Western public or someone would have tried by now.

How very true. As long a we the public keep believing the hype any product will sell.

Top Bottom