What's new

A VERY bad day

So I was in lock down for most of the day today. I work 3 blocks from where a young soldier was gunned down in cold blood by a terrorist who would later be killed in the Centre Block of the Parliament buildings moments later. The soldier was a member of the Honour Guard who were standing watch over the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. I walk past them almost daily on my walks but today was a much different day.

Please take a moment today to reflect on what has happened and pray that this never happens again.

Rest in Peace young brother.

My condolences for you and your great nation as you (and we) mourn this senseless crime.

Thanks, it's something that could happen anywhere at anytime as the US and UK well know already. Canada has been lucky so far but now we have had two attacks in less than a week.

Somebody said in the other thread, and I agree, that it is our way of life that is under attack. These people hate the liberty that Canada, US, UK, and the other high-minded democracies of the world are based upon. There is no common ground with them or room for compromise, because they are opposed to our core values.

Somebody said in the other thread, and I agree, that it is our way of life that is under attack. These people hate the liberty that Canada, US, UK, and the other high-minded democracies of the world are based upon. There is no common ground with them or room for compromise, because they are opposed to our core values.

They are using our own values against us and now they are also coming from us. It's truly a new era in terrorism but we can't let them win.

O Canada in Pittsburgh tonight. Not unheard of but this time no Canadian team was visiting. It was Penguins and Flyers.

Thank you Pittsburgh. Thank you so much!

Last edited by a moderator:
So sad. He was from Hamilton, a city I visit often.

I did my first OJT (On the Job Training) posting in the recruitment centre in Hamilton and worked with several Argyles while I was there. I wonder if I had met him at some time.

O Canada in Pittsburgh tonight. Not unheard of but this time no Canadian team was visiting. It was Penguins and Flyers.

Thank you Pittsburgh. Thank you so much!

The NHL had the O Canada played at all games tonight, it was a great gesture and I thank them for that.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Seems it did, since my reply was kicked back as if there was no such thread ..

Did the other thread just get deleted?

I don't see it anymore and my posts seem to be gone so perhaps. It seems it got a little heated I hope this thread can serve as a proper and fitting memorial to a young man, father, husband and soldier. RIP.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Amen, Bad situation, still playing out, but certainly not joke-worthy as lives were lost today.

Rest in Peace for the Soldier lost to his family

One thread is enough, let's keep this one. My deepest condolences to the family and to the great nation of Canada.

-jim

Top Bottom