What's new

Hai Karate

A few months back I had inquired if anyone remembered Hai Karate, just for "kicks" (sorry, had to) - so fast forward to today. I received in the mail a catalog from the Vermont Country Store, and while flipping through it, came across this advertisement for Hai Karate - I kid you not! I remember this, and the commercials of course, when I was a kid. A bit pricey, IMO.

$001.jpg

Yep I remember, and as a kid you wanted to find some in your dads Medicine cabinet to see if what happened on the commercials was true LOL

I used to love those commercials and be bummed that I was too young to shave. From the description, I think I'd like the scent!

It's mentioned in a Diamond Rio (American Country group of the 90s) song. I was too young to get it, but when I started getting more into AS since joining B&B, I looked it up and found the hilarious commercial that Tony posted. Fabulous advertising. I'd love to smell it, but I'm not sure I want to spend $46 + S/H just to smell it. :001_smile

mswofford

Rest in Peace
I received a puck of their lime musk shave soap with a razor I bought on Ebay. I have not heard anything about it and am about to try it.

A much cheaper option is the recently limited edition release from How to grow a moustache called Lo Haiku AS and shave soap. I missed the release but, managed to pick 1 up here on the BST a few days ago. It was delivered today but, I am horrible at describing scents plus I don't know what the original Hai Karate smells like. I can tell you that it smells completely different than anything I else own now. I am going to been on the lookout for the matching shave soap.

A much cheaper option is the recently limited edition release from How to grow a moustache called Lo Haiku AS and shave soap. I missed the release but, managed to pick 1 up here on the BST a few days ago. It was delivered today but, I am horrible at describing scents plus I don't know what the original Hai Karate smells like. I can tell you that it smells completely different than anything I else own now. I am going to been on the lookout for the matching shave soap.

I'm surprised it took 18 posts for someone to mention this.

Top Bottom