What's new

How many follow a splash with a balm?

When it gets cool, I apply Nivea Original ASB in my T-zone every day and to the shaving region on days when I use aftershaves such as the Pinaud line which don't have goodies like witch hazel, glycerin, etc. With AS's like Speick, I don't require balm in the shaving region. In warm weather, I don't use balms at all.

I don't remember ever doing this but I don't see any harm in it. I use splashes during the warmer months and balms in the colder ones. Sometimes, and if available, I buy scented splashes and balms that match the shaving cream or soap.

Here as well depending on the splash. Captain's Choice and Nivea sensitive skin is my favorite mix

However Kyovu is becoming a home run as far as I 'm concerned !

I have naturally oily skin so balms for me are a bad idea.. I tried Nivea when I first started wet shaving and had horrible results, which sucks since I've read so many great reviews about a ton of balms... So for me it's a moisturizing face scrub during my shower, shave then splash.

I have naturally oily skin so balms for me are a bad idea.. I tried Nivea when I first started wet shaving and had horrible results, which sucks since I've read so many great reviews about a ton of balms... So for me it's a moisturizing face scrub during my shower, shave then splash.
I have a very oily skin and 444 works great with me. You should try it!

I have done balms followed by a high % alcohol based unscented splash (homemade). It's the only way of preventing super oily skin on my face when using balms.

i do my aftershave of the day then an hour or so laster i put my balm on.
i shave at night thats why the time lapse.
my skin feels great btw.

I do the balm first. Proraso Green Pre/Post and then a splash of something. Right now the aftershaves I'm rotating between are Proraso Green, Fine's Snake Bite, and HTGAM Artic Bay Rum.

I always use Thayer's WH + 444 aftershave balm mixed together as my first post-shave tool. I usually follow up with a AS splash or balm

I always do: any splash + 444 aftershave balm, though I have never tried the technique with a different balm.

Sorry to go off topic here, but for a minute I thought your avatar was Peyton Manning as the Arko Man. Upon further investigation I don't think it is. :-( Now I really want to see Peyton Manning as the Arko Man...

I have done this in the past but lately I have been only using balms. I might start adding a splash of Dickinson's Witch Hazel before the balm to see how that works.

It really depends on the day and the condition of my skin. like yesterday I felt like my skin was dry so I used witch hazel followed by obsession night AS then the obsession night ASB. Today was Adidas AS tomorrow will probably be Cool Wave. like I said it depends on the day. some times its just witch hazel and Nivea shaving balm

Top Bottom