What's new

Nasal Beard Reduction

Gotta have a catchy title...:001_rolle

Seriously, though...

I'm of the vintage where wild hairs grow aggressively in my nose -- and on/in my ears, and I'd like to aggressively/effectively reduce them to invisibility.

Any nose/ear hair trimmers recommendations?

And no, I'm not going to use a SR/DE/SE/etc. on/in these areas!

TIA...

I just use cheap-o curved scissors from a drug store. Sometimes I miss a couple here and there but it's a quick and easy fix compared to some of the crazy tools that are sold.

Looks interesting/well-made -- and has good reviews on Amazon.

Have you used it? It would seem to be a bit awkward to use on the ears.

No I haven't. I use a battery powered Wahl right now. I've decided that once it breaks I'm going to buy the one I linked. Problem is, I can't get the Wahl to die LOL.

EDIT: I also don't use anything on my ears, so I can't help there.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Ok, I've been of the OP's vintage for a while now. So every time this comes up I read the thread to see if there's a new cure for the hairy nostrils and ears. I have tried a couple kinds of scissors (these are generally the best for me), the electric ones (less than good, maybe acceptable if you have fine, fair hair), the finger powered twister jobbie-do referenced above (a torture device). Once in a while I try plucking with tweezers (takes too long imo).

The only relief ever was during chemotherapy .. Never tried mustache wax, maybe this winter ..

Hoping there is a new solution coming, as Brother West's description above will likely produce nightmares :ohmy:.

I've always tweezed, it may seem to take a while but as long as you remember to spend just a minute or two at it every week it keeps things in check. I've tried countless numbers of the spinny thingies and scissors but plucking has always been the simplest most effective method for me.

I've always tweezed, it may seem to take a while but as long as you remember to spend just a minute or two at it every week it keeps things in check. I've tried countless numbers of the spinny thingies and scissors but plucking has always been the simplest most effective method for me.
Plucking is painful, and tends to make my eyes water, which for me launches a sneezing fit. A plucking session could last 30 minutes! :w00t:

I own the Groom-Mate XL suggested by Rockminer, and can vouch for its effectiveness. Thinking about getting my dad one for Christmas - he looks like he's smuggling sea urchins up his nose.

As a caution: I've read before (probably on here) that to pluck nose hairs risks serious infection.

I'd just braid my nose hair, and live with it, if I had to pluck them :scared:
You might consider making them into sort of a moustache...you could lift it up to shave cleanly underneath.

Or...you could weave the nose hairs into an existing 'stache...perhaps some interesting pattern...my 'stache is white (I prefer "ash blonde" to describe my hair color, but "white" it is...) and the nasal growth is much darker. Perhaps a checkerboard pattern?

We have entirely too much spare time...:blush:

I just thought about my buddy when he and I were in boot camp. He was never really into grooming of any sort and had a large mass of nose hairs. Well, the Company Commander took notice of this and told him to "get rid of it, you slob." So we stood in formation and waited for him to finish ripping his nose hair out. It hurt me to watch!

I use a Groom Mate Platinum XL as has been suggested and I would also recommend it. I switched to it from an electric a few years back and like it a lot better. I only use it in my nose but it would be easy to use in the ears as well.

I also use a pair of nose trimming scissors to shorten the hairs before I mow them down with the Groom Mate. This decreases any catching of hairs by the Groom Mate. The scissors came in a men's grooming kit by Niegeloh of Solingen, Germany (Steel capital and also home of DOVO-Merkur). Nose trimming scissors have rounded tips to protect against cutting skin/membranes.

$Niegeloh.jpg$Groom Mate.jpg

Top Bottom