What's new

People Who join Just For PIF's And Nothing Else.

To me it seems a worse character trait to judge someone unworthy of a gift than it is to be unworthy of a gift.

By the way, I'M IN!!!

I have the hardest times, sometimes, in these kind of situations keeping my mouth Gentlemanly. I'm forever at work on about stuff like this, and need to be careful as I'm the Boss,, BUT, I'm old fashioned with European blood, sooo! Like most say, weed them out and sort the best I guess?

There's a girl at work, and it's a pretty damned good job, that spaces having kid's out evenly enough to keep good cheques rolling in, regularly uses the food bank, and is forever 'borrowing' cigarettes and coffee, etc. Guess who I never offer over time to!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I didn't read the entire 5 pages so this may have been mentioned before.

one way to avoid this is to "hand pick" your PIF recipient. If you have a razor you don't want just give it time and you will run in to a member who through reading their posts you can tell they are not here just for a handout.
Give it to that guy. PM them and handle it that way rather than using "just post I'm in" and random.org.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I didn't read the entire 5 pages so this may have been mentioned before.

one way to avoid this is to "hand pick" your PIF recipient. If you have a razor you don't want just give it time and you will run in to a member who through reading their posts you can tell they are not here just for a handout.
Give it to that guy. PM them and handle it that way rather than using "just post I'm in" and random.org.

Most have my PIFs have been subjective from the get go. I PIFed two Destination series Zippo lighters at once. One went via random, and for the subjective one I told people to tell me their favorite city and why. I PIFed a fountain pen by telling me how they would use them. In both I told them that the more interesting or humorous they made it increased the odds. I got more that a few good laughs.

Look what i have started now :lol:.

I've got that terrible habit of starting threads that become very controversial and heated all the time now lol At least it gives people something to talk about.

Look what i have started now :lol:.

I've got that terrible habit of starting threads that become very controversial and heated all the time now lol At least it gives people something to talk about.
How many more times do you have to ask for the red B&B brush?

Well, no one is going to believe this, but I didn't know what a PIF was until after I registered, at which point I read this post! Hopefully I can make some contribution someday. I figure the best way to feel good about getting a PIF is to send one first. Someday I will be out of college and have some cash!

Well, no one is going to believe this, but I didn't know what a PIF was until after I registered, at which point I read this post! Hopefully I can make some contribution someday. I figure the best way to feel good about getting a PIF is to send one first. Someday I will be out of college and have some cash!

I entered a couple when i first signed up, and actually won one. It was my first DE and really got me started. Now as I am acquiring more things and finding what does and what doesn't work for me, I will be passing some along soon and hopefully help someone else get started, or at least have the opportunity to try something new to them.

I entered a couple when i first signed up, and actually won one. It was my first DE and really got me started. Now as I am acquiring more things and finding what does and what doesn't work for me, I will be passing some along soon and hopefully help someone else get started, or at least have the opportunity to try something new to them.

Well, maybe I should look around then.. as long as I'm not degraded as one of those PIFFER people :p

I gave away a Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C for the uninitiated) in a PIF asking for donations to a food bank. Did everyone that entered donate to a food bank? I don't know.

I do my own thing and let others worry about themselves. It's outside of my control and against the spirit of my PIF.

I gave away a Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C for the uninitiated) in a PIF asking for donations to a food bank. Did everyone that entered donate to a food bank? I don't know.

I remember that PIF! That was a good one and even though I didn't win, our Chief of Staff gave the whole building a half-day Friday because we collectively donated a little more than 2000 lbs of food to the local bank.

While I have no doubt that this thread has good intentions and is meant to educate my concern with this thread is that it will discourage good people from entering PIFs.

People like Eaaqas above who are new to wetshaving, in college and maybe don't have a lot of cash right now are the perfect choice as someone to win a PIF.

If you are commenting in this thread and having hesitation about entering PIF's as a result then I'd think you are the exact person who should be entering and winning them. The items will be used and appreciated if won by someone such as this. The one or two users who are only here to get free stuff likely won't give a second thought to or care about this thread what so ever. It won't stop them as they just don't care enough to let it.

If you have good intentions and are of good moral character then by all means please enter any and all PIFs as that is what they are intended for. If you plan on using the items you may win then don't hesitate to enter at all.

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in for what it's worth. I belong to a benevolent association in my home town whose main purpose is just to help people. The guys that belong to the group are not rich guys by any means. Some are farmers, some are businessmen, some are laborers, and some are retired. Throughout the year the group donates money and time for just about any issue that comes to the groups attention. We rebuilt the children's cemetery, take about 50 kids to buy Christmas gifts each year, and many other things throughout the year.

The purpose of writing this is not for kudos but to point out like probably the vast majority of the guys here we do it to help others and to give back to our community. It's our version of PIF'ing that we do without worrying that maybe a person here or there might not be as needy as the person next to them.

I think that guys here at B&B PIF because they are good people that want to help out one another. I know that having won a few pif's that every time I use something I have been fortunate enough to win I am very grateful to the individual that bestowed the gift to me. I would just end with if you have to worry about if someone may already have something that you are PIF'ing it kind of ruins the thought behind the PIF.

I'm glad to have found this forum as I have made some good friends here, even a few that I consider close friends that I could talk with about anything outside of B&B.

Thanks for listening to my thoughts.

Oh and again "I'm in"

Top Bottom