What's new

My new UGLY NEW !

Well, I told myself I would NEVER buy one of these regardless of the hype on them. I do not need one nor is my beard growth every in need of an aggressive razor. I have been using a shimmed Tech (2 actually) and have been very pleased with the results.

I got this for $20.00 shipped. Yes it is ugly but may clean up well and be a candidate for a replate. If I don't like it I can always sell it here I suppose or send it back with the 14 day money back guarantee. Hell, it may not even really be a NEW because I couldn't see the patent number with all the discoloration.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/28147458437....l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT#ht_950wt_918

nice! tarnish city going on there but it doesn't look scratched/nicked up or anything so it should clean up nicely...I just snagged a NEW off ebay as well, mine should be arriving soon.

So is it safe that it really is a NEW ? Is it long or short comb? What would be best to clean up that tarnish ?

Just use some good metal polish, Maas, of FLITZ. It will look great. Then just coat it with a lacquer, and it will stay pretty.

I don't have RAD, but, man, that is a handsome razor, even in it's rough condition. Wait, I have to run to my den and give some lovin' to my Fatboy.

I don't think it's ugly, just dirty.

I don't see any reason to replate it, I have many that are far worse than that...and I love them just the way they are.

I don't think it looks bad at all, certainly not ugly. When you get a used razor you have to clean it, that's normal. And there is no reason to plate or replate that razor. Soak it over night in water with some dishsoap in it and clean it with a toothbrush and toothpaste, it'll look like new.

Thanks for the compliments and encouragement that I got a nice razor. I wonder if the tarnish is the copper/brash exposed or if the gold is just tarnished. The seller said there was plating loss but they could be mistaken. If it is exposed copper/brass and I get it all nice and shiny, I will probably put lacquer on it to preserve it. Not real sure yet what I am going to do.

I figured a NEW SC with straight teeth and uncracked handle is a find even if it has no finish on it. I think more than anything I am just curious at what all the rave is about with this razor. Even if I sold it at a small loss, at least I tried it out and my curiosity was satisfied.

Great razor. It is one of the ones that ended my RAD. I have the exact same New SC and I just switch off between that and my Fatip and have not used any safety bar razors since. Give it a week and you will see what everyone raves about. I agree with TobyC, just clean it up, hit it with some metal polish if you wnat, and it's a beautyful thing. Mine has the bare copper head and handle with the brass baseplate and top of handle. I thought of replating but it sort of grows on you.

Hey squirrel, are you saying most of your gold plating or wash is off ? How quickly does the exposed brass and copper start to tarnish again? Speaking of ending a RAD, if this razor is what everybody says it is I will liquidate a few razors. It has just gotten totally out of hand for me. 2 Techs (triangle holes), 1 NDC Super Speed, 1 Slim Adjustable, 1 Merkur and now this NEW. Of course, this is nothing compared to my wife's Longaberger basket obsession.

Hey squirrel, are you saying most of your gold plating or wash is off ? How quickly does the exposed brass and copper start to tarnish again? Speaking of ending a RAD, if this razor is what everybody says it is I will liquidate a few razors. It has just gotten totally out of hand for me. 2 Techs (triangle holes), 1 NDC Super Speed, 1 Slim Adjustable, 1 Merkur and now this NEW. Of course, this is nothing compared to my wife's Longaberger basket obsession.
you have just gotten started on your RAD sir.ive got 29 razors in my rotation and another 10-11 in the wings.good luck on stopping early:w00t:

Top Bottom