What's new

Choosing a new wallet

Hi everyone!
I've been thinking of buying a new wallet for myself. Here it is:

$3.jpg
$1.jpgI'd like to buy a new one because mine is messy and bulky already :(
What wallets do you have, guys? How do you choose your style?

Leather.
Plain bifold.
No zippers, flaps, or gewgaws.

Done.

On my next purchase I might look at an exotic leather or colour other than black. Not very helpful, was I? :tongue_sm

The concerns I would have with the wallet you pictured are A) whether SD cards would stay put and B) whether SD cards would survive the amount of flexing that a wallet commonly experiences.

I became a fan of minimalist wallets about 5-6 years ago and never looked back. Back in the day when I carried larger a larger wallet, it would just tend to fill up with stuff.

My personal choice now is the Saddleback ID Wallet (mine is in chestnut). I've carried this thing nearly 3 years and it will never wear out. I'm able to carry 6-8 cards, 2 id's, and about 5-8 bills folded in half. It's stretched out a bit over the years to allow that much stuff, but I love it. I've given these out as gifts to family and friends as well. They are well represented on this forum.

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/#/frontpocketidwallet

Cheers

Hello, Had this wallet maybe twice as long as i've been DE shaving which is only a month, very pleased with both.

Couch, simple billfold made from NOS 80's Mercedes upholstery vinyl. Small and light, room for 12 cards and bills, no room to bulk up, lots of other options in NOS auto vinyl. Well made and unique, was difficult to narrow the chose down to one.

proxy.php

proxy.php

https://www.couchguitarstraps.com/wallets.html
Take care,
dave

Hello, Had this wallet maybe twice as long as i've been DE shaving which is only a month, very pleased with both.

Couch, simple billfold made from NOS 80's Mercedes upholstery vinyl. Small and light, room for 12 cards and bills, no room to bulk up, lots of other options in NOS auto vinyl. Well made and unique, was difficult to narrow the chose down to one.

proxy.php

proxy.php

https://www.couchguitarstraps.com/wallets.html
Take care,
dave

wow, thanks for sharing.. these are awesome..

Went from a big, hip wallet to a Saddleback small wallet for cards and a money clip or cash (when I have it). Couldn't be happier. Wish I had switched years ago.

Beerman

I never realized I needed one of these until I read this thread. Now I do. So far the Saddleback is winning until somebody shows me something better.

Tumi card and cash front pocket wallet. Although it's pretty beat from yrs of use. Some really good stuff in here. I prefer cards on one side and a clip of sorts for cash but no magnet. I'm digging that popov but wonder how much it can carry. I have 5 or 6 cards and always a handful of bills. I look forward to seeing all options here!!

I've been carrying pocket notebooks for the past year or so and find them infinitely convenient to have on me, so I picked up this wallet/notebook combo.
$il_570xN.597221794_i0qt.jpg
I swapped out the Field Notes notebook that came with it for a Word. notebook and have a few other types that'll slot right in. It's been an excellent wallet so far.

My personal choice now is the Saddleback ID Wallet (mine is in chestnut). I've carried this thing nearly 3 years and it will never wear out. I'm able to carry 6-8 cards, 2 id's, and about 5-8 bills folded in half. It's stretched out a bit over the years to allow that much stuff, but I love it. I've given these out as gifts to family and friends as well. They are well represented on this forum.

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/#/frontpocketidwallet

Cheers

+++++1! Couldn't agree more! I have the same wallet in Dark Coffee Brown. Also keep in consideration OP, if you do choose this wallet, over time the " colour " will become darker due to the oils from your skin and by general use. A plus, you also get 100 year warranty. ;)

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Just an old Geoffrey Beene. Genuine leather. The only wallet I have.
I've had it for 12 years. Don't plan on replacing it until it disintegrates.

I told my self no more shaving gear till next year, I don't care what I see on B&B. Then I saw this and I just said shaving gear.

Top Bottom